• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

36 minutes ago, St1ck said:

All worth it when you have amenities like these.

Fort Mohave has three large grocery stores, Smith's Food and Drug, Safeway, and a recently completed Wal-Mart Supercenter. It also has a CVS Pharmacy and an ACE Hardware Store. Restaurants include Great Dragon Chinese Cuisine, Bonanza Cafe, Casa Serrano Mexican Food, an ice cream parlor, and a McDonald's, along with several other fast food franchises.

*starts searching for realtor*

2 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

@Redondo I sure hope you have remote start on your vehicle and can let the AC run for an hour or so before getting in. 

I don't on my work truck

Today it was 121 and it takes a few blocks for it to start cooling down

Went to Sam's club yesterday and their AC system was struggling. It was warm inside

26 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I had no idea that area of the world had so much humidity. Crazy. 

The prevailing winds are normally off the northern desert but around this time they shift and come off the gulf. Once this passes we get 6 months of great weather but pay for it with the summers 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, St1ck said:

Fire on Hawaii's Maui island forces people to jump into water to flee flames - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hawaii-hurricane-dora-winds-wildfires-evacuations-power-outages

/

I'm going to Kaanapali in about 3 weeks. Two of the restaurants we had reservations for in Lahaina are no longer there (Kimo's and Fleetwood's). It looks like more than half of the town is gone. There are some shitty Hawaiians as cals and I have discussed but there are plenty of good ones too. Can't help but feel sad for that area. The casualty rate will not be good. I already saw a dead body in one of the videos.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.olsten/videos/989569092271534/

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I'm going to Kaanapali in about 3 weeks. Two of the restaurants we had reservations for in Lahaina are no longer there (Kimo's and Fleetwood's). It looks like more than half of the town is gone. There are some shitty Hawaiians as cals and I have discussed but there are plenty of good ones too. Can't help but feel sad for that area. The casualty rate will not be good. I already saw a dead body in one of the videos.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.olsten/videos/989569092271534/

Pretty gnarly.

Lahaina is ashes. Hundreds and hundreds of structures gone, many historic. Harbor (including a good portion of the boats) and the banyan tree burned. Most of Front St. is literally ashes. Haven’t seen anything from Kaanapali yet, but most everything south of there within a 1/2 mile of the waterfront is gone. Homes, schools, grocery stores, offices, restaurants, tourist trap shops…… all gone. Damages will be in the billions. Rumors of bodies in the streets but I’ve yet to confirm. Tragedy for Hawaii.

20 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Open Table cancelled the reservation due to the restaurant not being there anymore. 

A5460383-ABD3-48C7-81DD-22E2BD4513CA.jpeg

Kimo’s is definitely gone. That whole strip is. A few burnt pieces of framing is pretty much all that is left from the outlets all the way down to Lahaina Shores. Then much more burned further south, it just hopped around a bit more from Lahaina Shores down. Other than people’s homes, the Banyan Tree is the saddest to me. Most of the historic buildings will get rebuilt and look similar, but the Banyan Tree looks like it really burned pretty hard. I can’t find anywhere how resilient banyan trees are to fire. Despite all the tourists and the homeless people, that tree was super cool. Especially at sunset when all the birds came to roost. It’s a bummer.  It’s still standing, some leaves in places, but it’s basically black. The Pioneer Inn, if anyone is familiar, is totally gone. Just ashes.

1 hour ago, halodground said:

Kimo’s is definitely gone. That whole strip is. A few burnt pieces of framing is pretty much all that is left from the outlets all the way down to Lahaina Shores. Then much more burned further south, it just hopped around a bit more from Lahaina Shores down. Other than people’s homes, the Banyan Tree is the saddest to me. Most of the historic buildings will get rebuilt and look similar, but the Banyan Tree looks like it really burned pretty hard. I can’t find anywhere how resilient banyan trees are to fire. Despite all the tourists and the homeless people, that tree was super cool. Especially at sunset when all the birds came to roost. It’s a bummer.  It’s still standing, some leaves in places, but it’s basically black. The Pioneer Inn, if anyone is familiar, is totally gone. Just ashes.

The Pioneer Inn is gone, the old courthouse is gone, all those nice houses in front of Baby Beach are gone. Surprisingly the stupid Safeway survived out of all things. Just tragic. 

Hopefully the banyan makes a comeback. 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The Pioneer Inn is gone, the old courthouse is gone, all those nice houses in front of Baby Beach are gone. Surprisingly the stupid Safeway survived out of all things. Just tragic. 

Hopefully the banyan makes a comeback. 

Son of a bitch @Lhalo.  I’ll be there in a month also.  We are staying at Aston Kaanapali Shores, and my sister in Law is there right now.  She said the same thing.  Historic Front Street is history, there is no cell service, only satellite service, and the fire was 3.6 miles away from Kaanapali.

Son of a bitch