• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

1 hour ago, katie said:

Rain’s really starting to pick up now here. It’s been steady since I woke up at like 5:30am. No wind though. Radar says the worst of it will be here between 2 and 3.

In South OC it picked up for like 15 minutes an hour ago, then went back to drizzling. No wind yet either.

Screenshot_20230820_131930_Weather.jpg

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It was Hillary making landfall.

Magnitude 5.1 earthquake rattles Los Angeles area

I guess so.  Didn't feel it for it being so large and close though.  At least for me, since I'm in the west side.  Maybe @Tank felt it in his area.

didn't feel a thing. ojai is quite a ways away from me.

my daughter is super sensitive about earthquakes. at one point this afternoon she was on the couch and jolted upright with a huge look of concern, and blasted out "I felt something! did you feel it?" turned out it was the cat shaking herself on the couch.

it's often entertaining to see reporters "live on the scene" trying to say something relevant about what's happening. most of them fumble about awkwardly.

one of my favotie faux pas was a reporter for channel 5 out in the palm springs area several years ago, reporting on a flash flood that had run through the area. her reporting went roughly like this: "david, i asked the residents about the flash flood, and one of them said it just came from out of nowhere."

i'm sure she has a bookcase full of pulitzers by now.

Rain here has been off and on, mostly drizzle. The few periods of heavy rain that we have had have only lasted for a few minutes. Most predictions are that our worst will come tonight - which figures, because I have trash carts out on the curb for tomorrow's scheduled pickup, one a recycle cart absolutely stuffed with very light items that will likely fly all over the neighborhood tonight.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Rain here has been off and on, mostly drizzle. The few periods of heavy rain that we have had have only lasted for a few minutes. Most predictions is that our worst will come tonight - which figures, because I have trash carts out on the curb for tomorrow's scheduled pickup, one a recycle cart absolutely stuffed with very light items that will likely fly all over the neighborhood tonight.

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

didn't feel a thing. ojai is quite a ways away from me.

my daughter is super sensitive about earthquakes. at one point this afternoon she was on the couch and jolted upright with a huge look of concern, and blasted out "I felt something! did you feel it?" turned out it was the cat shaking herself on the couch.

It was pretty mild but i could feel the building swaying and see the window blinds rocking back and forth.

Raining, no wind. Still not looking forward to the drive early this morning to the Inglewood area to take Carol to her surgical appointment. Going to need to take the truck to get through intersections. I am surprised they hadn't cancelled. 

LA got 2.48 inches of rain yesterday.  (today hasn't been updated yet, but no more rain in the forcast)

2.48 inches is our current rainfall total average for the month of December.

2.48 inches is also the third highest monthly total for our average annual rainfall season.  January 3.29 inches, February 3.64 inches.

Season normal to date is 1.51 inches through November, and 3.99 inches through December.