• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

I’m watching the local news, and they have been predicting “massive” amounts of snow above the 6500’ foot level in the mountains.

I can honestly say that we have been getting some snow (my house is at 7200’ feet) but right now it’s 35 degrees and we are getting massive rain, which is causing a huge melt off of the snow we got the last two days.

Thats going to be a huge problem really soon for the roadways leading into the mountains with rockslides and washed out roads.

I’ve stocked up on beer and scotch.  You know, just in case.

On 2/5/2024 at 8:17 AM, PattyD22 said:

I’m watching the local news, and they have been predicting “massive” amounts of snow above the 6500’ foot level in the mountains.

I can honestly say that we have been getting some snow (my house is at 7200’ feet) but right now it’s 35 degrees and we are getting massive rain, which is causing a huge melt off of the snow we got the last two days.

Thats going to be a huge problem really soon for the roadways leading into the mountains with rockslides and washed out roads.

I’ve stocked up on beer and scotch.  You know, just in case.

This above post aged well.  

Since this post, we have received about 20”-22” inches and it’s still coming down.  I actually love it, because we need and it’s the life blood of Big Bear.

I also included a picture of Jackie, Big Bear’s famous bald eagle as she protects her 3 (yes, 3 this time) eggs from the elements.

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_3115.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, katie said:

Mt. Baldy is behind these hills/clouds. I wish I could see how low the snow got. It was so cold out yesterday. 

IMG_5501.jpeg

snow level was supposed to drop to around 5000'.

I honestly thought I was done with this shit this winter.  18” so far, and the second half of the storm tonight hasn’t started yet.

Honestly, I can only remember one other time, I think it was 1996 where we had a March Miracle storm like this.  Even last year, our last storm was around St Patty’s Day.

The resorts were slated to close next Sunday, April 7th.  Now staying open until the 21st is what we’re hearing.  Big Bear lake is 5 feet from full capacity right now, and the spring thaw hasn’t even started.

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_5211.jpeg

Edited by PattyD22