• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should have signed Fielder instead of Pujols

At least that's how it used to look (and to be fair it still does).

But has anyone noticed his season this year? Pretty mediocre from what you would expect from him.

Maybe its just a bad season. Maybe....but more and more I'm starting to wonder if he may have been getting the hookup from braun back in the day. I'm wondering if maybe seeing how braun (going back to last winter) was gonna get exposed, if he may have stopped using before he got caught.

Beforw anyone points out he's a fat guy not a body builder, like I've said numerous times, how you look all comes down to diet.

I'm not saying fielder was a juicer. I really have no reason to think he is. It just seems weird that he's having such an off year right around the same time his buddy got caught up in a scandal. To be fair though, he could be hurt, problems at home etc.

But if he were to continue like this....how much worse if our front office than detroits (if verlander doesn't get back to being verlander, and fielder to being fielder).

This is such bs. The Angels TV deal a significantly smaller than the Dodgers deal.

I highly doubt there was any causation between the TV deal and the Albert Pujols.

I agree. The talks for the tv contract with FSW were in the works long before Pujols signed with the Angels. The value of tv contract with FSW would've been the same if the Angels didn't sign Pujols.  

In retrospect you sign neither. 

Both of those contracts are gonna suck.

Prince will provide more value on the field over that time yet if the rumors of the TV deal be coupled to Albert's deal then the tv money offset what you lack in production from him the last few years. 

prospectively, signing Albert was fun.  I figured we'd get about 5 years of solid production and then it would be all down hill and my guess is that the front office and Arte were well aware of this and willing to absorb it to get the player he wanted. 

Fielder is healthy and is preparing for the playoffs. Yes I wish they had signed Fielder instead of Pujols.

Enough about the TV deal because that's all speculation. It's because of Albert that I don't want to watch TV.

Wouldn't it also be speculation to say that Fielder would have played signed with the Angels?

This is such bs. The Angels TV deal a significantly smaller than the Dodgers deal.

I highly doubt there was any causation between the TV deal and the Albert Pujols.

no doubt the angels were already in talks, but wasn't it confirmed thay pujols was contigent on how high it was? Was that just message board chatter or real? This whole time I've thought that was the case. If not, it changes a lot...

Well we certainly needed a left handed power bat more than a righty, so Fielder would have made more sense. But I doubt he produces well throughout that contract, his body is going to break down.

You don't know that it will. Look at Pujols, who is supposedly in better shape than Fielder. His body is already breaking down less than two years in.