• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Moment It All Went Wrong

Matsui was not a bad DH that season. I refuse to acknowledge that that move had anything to do with the start of our downfall. That was the ultimate "nothing" move. I loved Vladdy, and wanted him to stay, but he was at the end of the road. They decided to go with Matsui who provided decent production for cheap. 

Matsui did a good job filling a void. He brought in lots of Japanese fans to the stadium and never caused any issues in the clubhouse. It wasn't his fault that Kendry Morales suffered that horrific injury in late May. He was cheap and at age 36 produced a lot more than Hamilton did in his first year as an Angel.

Dumb responsive 'we gotta do something" moves like the GMJ, Wells contracts. Just dumb.

The Blanton signing, dumb then, dumber now.

While folks can criticize the Pujols signing (and length of contract) folks here must admit many of us were excited when that happened. It hasn't turned that well, but it's hard to really criticize that move without being a Monday morning quarterback type deal.

The Hamilton signing?? that's difference.....too much, too long......would have preferred Torri Hunter for another two years probably for less money per year than Hamilton -- and that's not sour grapes or Monday morning quarterbacking -- the reason Hunter was let go was primarily financial -- then suddenly we had the money to sign Hamilton to that five year deal??  Many of us then, and certainly now, would rather have taken a 'chance' on Hunter coming off one of his best offensive years of his career (2012) than a declining Hamilton, always a risk, and who's second half numbers in 2012 tailed off.....

Greinke is pitching lights out for the Dodgers right now but spent much of the first half on the DL and I cannot criticize the Halos for refusing to meet his out of sight contract demands.......

of course, Blanton etc. was not exactly the answer.

Do you recall WHY he was on the DL?

He wouldn't have been in that altercation while pitching for the Angels...

Then don't correspond with people that don't adhere to your rules, seems pretty simple.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, I just don't take the internet seriously enough or care about someone trying to argue on the internet. I'd just avoid it opposed to asking for reasoning which you're obviously not going to get if you have to even question someones posting methods in the first place.

tdawg is right. Imagine this scenario:

Person A: Unicorns exist.

Person B: No they don't.

Person A: Yes they do.

Person B: Prove it.

Person A: Prove that they don't exist.

Person C: Yeah, Person B! Prove that they don't exist!

This is essentially what happened in this thread.

I was just saying it's nothing worth getting worked up about, didn't say I agreed.

You could see what was going on and you just have to laugh and close the thread.

To piggy back what storm said.

Rhe haren trade, while I liked having him, was weird. We were already falling out, and no matter how good he was, we needed a bat far more (at that point).

And as far as matsui, his oberall numbers looked fine. But if anyone remembers, he sucked early on. That was one of the biggest probs. He turned in on late july ish. By then it was too late.

And like njhalo said, vlad and naps' ranger numbers definetely put arte on a get even kick with texas.

Link?

Would love to... its on the old board.  How do we get access?  And FWIW, "railed" is YOUR term, not mine.  I was against it, as were many more.

No biggie.  Just giving equal time to the other side, since Bruce was being asked to post the thread where everyone was praising the signing.  Requesting the link to where people were against the signing seemed appropriate.  

I wish we could see the reaction back in 2007 when MS signed the 10 year deal.  The team won 94 games and walked away with the division and then got swept by the Red Sox.  There was anger there - how do the Angels beat the Red Sox? - but Vlad was crushing everything and overall the state of the Angels was really healthy and high.  I remember Brian liking Scioscia then (hard to imagine).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have been following this team closely for now 45 years.  I don't know if there is an ability to dig into the archives of prior data bases to see if there was disagreement.

Then again, why?  If you didn't like the signing in 2007, good for you.  Personally, I liked it.  It was an affirmation to Scioscia of his prior work and stops the Dodgers from swooping in to hire him.  There was also discussion of Walter Alston who was the Dodger manager for 20+ years - albeit it was a series of 1 year contracts.