• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Here we go again: Mike Trout more valuable than Miguel Cabrera, says ESPN analyst

The thing is that Cabrera is doing it under the pressure of a playoff race and batting third in the lineup.

Trout's doing it in a no pressure situation batting second and hasn't shown he can hit well in clutch situations.

I like Cabrera or Chris Davis FTW

decent troll job, but I've seen better out of you.

I'll give it a 6/10

The thing is that Cabrera is doing it under the pressure of a playoff race and batting third in the lineup.

Trout's doing it in a no pressure situation batting second and hasn't shown he can hit well in clutch situations.

I like Cabrera or Chris Davis FTW

decent troll job, but I've seen better out of you.

I'll give it a 6/10

The Chris Davis part is what gave it away...

Trout won't have the amount of HRs so he won't get any real consideration. We all know that defense has nothing to do with MVP votes. It just isn't as sexy as those HRs.

I think team record trumps everything.

Like I said in my previous post, Ichiro won because he hit .350 with 242 hits and his team had a crazy good record.

Arod had 52 bombs that year with a 1.021 OPS

I think team record trumps everything.

Like I said in my previous post, Ichiro won because he hit .350 with 242 hits and his team had a crazy good record.

Arod had 52 bombs that year with a 1.021 OPS

Makes me sad to think Trout is missing out on things because the organization is nose diving.

I do think Trout is being penalized for being on a losing team. If he was on a winning team it may be a different story.

You play the game to win. There's more pressure in winning. I believe that is a key factor in determining the MVP.

Btw my seven year old proudly wears a Trout jersey.

the criteria for mvp changes every year

so many vague factors that the voters try to take into account

-winning team

-momentum

-popularity

-career numbers relative to the other candidates

-something unusual or rare from a conventional stats standpoint ie triple crown, high number in some counting stat etc. 

in the end, the top five players usually get votes but it's the above that gets someone the win, and there is little rhyme or reason why one year something may get a guy the nod while the next it may not.  It's totally inconsistent. 

all of a sudden, Cabrera supporters are factoring WAR and team record in thier arguement. LOL.

They will until Trout takes over the lead, then WAR will be a flawed stat.

The last few years Detroit fans have become some of the worst in baseball. They aren't nearly at Boston's level but I'd put them in Dodgers territory.

WAR is not a perfect stat. There is a large variance in play. If a player is more than 1.5 WAR better than a Ayer that is significant. Less than that is debatable.

Love how folks are now saying Trout isn't "clutch" for why they are trying to take his MVP award away from him. Sample size issues anyone?

YouthofToday, by Fangraphs' "Clutch" stat, he's worst in the league. Last year he was about average. I agree that looking at just this year is a small sample size, but its worth nothing.

As for the MVP debate, I don't know why people are outraged. I mean, it isn't like Cabrera--or Davis--isn't a worthy candidate for the award.

I do think Trout is being penalized for being on a losing team. If he was on a winning team it may be a different story.

You play the game to win. There's more pressure in winning. I believe that is a key factor in determining the MVP.

Btw my seven year old proudly wears a Trout jersey.

If you switched cabrera to the angels and trout to detroit, I'm doubting trouts numbers dip.

I'm betting cabreras do.