• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Borenstein

Since no one else on here ever talks him up and he still doesn't have his own thread...

3-4 with 1 HR, 1 triple, 1 BB, 2 RBIs, 2 runs scored tonight

Game-winning hit in extra innings

Missed nearly a month of the season and is still competing for the Triple Crown and the lead in total bases. The best hitter in the Cal League.

Not bad for the "16th best prospect" in your system.

No one talks about him because we all hate him and hope he fails

I was pissed when Calhoun was called up because it probably made Zach the front runner for Angels minor league player of the year.  I am holding out hope that because they hate Zach so much they will just give it to someone else. 

No one talks about him because we all hate him and hope he fails

Apparently that hate isn't just limited to Angels fans or the organization.  The people at Fangraphs never bothered to list him among their top 100 prospects preseason report and then again off their top 50 mid-season report.  He's never been listed among their Fringe Five report either.  Similarly Baseball Prospectus has yet to sing his praises...  

Last year, Steve Selsky, Jack Marder, Miles Head all posted OPS figures over 1.000 in the Cal League as 21/22 year olds.  Clearly, everyone hates them too.

So many windmills, so little time to tilt at them.

I don't even know why I bothered.

Bothered to post about your brother's successes or bothered posting like a 5 year old?

Like mt said, just post about your brother's successes. We have had several relatives on here with less talent than your brother and the entire aw.com community was pulling for them because they were classy. If you want respect for your brother, than show some yourself.

Apparently that hate isn't just limited to Angels fans or the organization.  The people at Fangraphs never bothered to list him among their top 100 prospects preseason report and then again off their top 50 mid-season report.  He's never been listed among their Fringe Five report either.  Similarly Baseball Prospectus has yet to sing his praises...  

Last year, Steve Selsky, Jack Marder, Miles Head all posted OPS figures over 1.000 in the Cal League as 21/22 year olds.  Clearly, everyone hates them too.

So many windmills, so little time to tilt at them.

Way to deliberately pick players who have all struggled mightily in AA. I'm sure that isn't a reflection at all of how you feel about Zach and how you're now rooting against him because you dislike me.

Vitriol, derision, insincerity. That's the essence of this forum. The Angels are having a terrible season, and most of you are bitter fans who are showing your true colors.

I've been shit on here because I've taken exception to worse prospects being ranked much higher, the idea that he plays above his skill set (something none of you would say had he been drafted higher like he should have been), if he's lucky he could one day be as good as Daniel Nava-best case scenario, he's too old for his league and therefore a product of the Cal League environment, he has been legitimately treated poorly by the organization (denying it and poking fun at me doesn't make it any less true), and his splits are alarming and raise serious concerns about his ability. That about covers it, though I'm sure I'm leaving out a few things.

Why would I possibly take exception to any of this?

Stay classy, Angels fans.

No, you have been challenged because you came in here with a baseball bat up your butt.

We want him to do well, that is what you aren't seeing.  Don't worry about rankings, if he keeps raking, he will get promoted.

It's like getting mad that your college is ranked lower than it should be in preseason polls.  Who cares?

Zach, is playing well, enjoy that.

Way to pick players who have all struggled mightily in AA. I'm sure that isn't a reflection at all of how you feel about Zach and how you're now rooting against him because you dislike me.

Vitriol, derision, insincerity. That's the essence of this forum. The Angels are having a terrible season, and most of you are bitter fans who are showing your true colors.

I've been shit on here because I've taken exception to worse prospects being ranked much higher, the idea that he plays above his skill set (something none of you would say had he been drafted higher like he should have been), if he's lucky he could one day be as good as Daniel Nava-best case scenario, he's too old for his league and therefore a product of the Cal League environment, he has been legitimately treated poorly by the organization (denying it and poking fun at me doesn't make it any less true), and his splits are alarming and raise serious concerns about his ability. That about covers it, though I'm sure I'm leaving out a few things.

Why would I possibly take exception to any of this?

Stay classy, Angels fans.

I picked out the guys who topped 1.000 OPS and were the same age -- that's not cherry-picking Jr, that's the entire list.  The point is that there are players like Zach every year, and whether or not you want to accept it, AA is pretty much the testing ground for prospects, especially 22 year olds in High A.  I genuinely hope his performance carries over but as a now 23 year old in Hi-A - he's not really any different than guys like Kole Calhoun and Adam Eaton for instance..   That history is why outside sources like Fangraphs and BP, sources that slant towards sabermetrics over tools aren't yet sold on your brother.  You being a complete lout in no way shapes my opinion of your brother or my hope he does well.  Now, if you were to tell me that he agrees with you 100%, then yeah -- that might make it harder to root for him but, I certainly wouldn't wish ill will against the guy.

As far as the rest of your tripe goes... I've actually agreed that he shouldn't have been behind Chevy Clarke, ever...  I've said I genuinely believe there is a bias against guys from the Midwest and small schools in general and that it likely played into why he went lower in the draft than he should have.  In response to your whiny PM, I pointed out that smaller bodied guys get downgraded due to old school scouting ideals and used Stan Spencer and Mike Mussina as an example.  So, all your "vitriol" is misplaced.  The thing is, I'm objective enough to say the kid is being underrated and still be seasoned enough to say that being old for his league he needs to do it at a higher level for people to jump on his bandwagon..   You, you simply want us to fawn over him, and anyone who doesn't is stupid, hateful and now -- bitter.  It would be funny if it wasn't so delusional.  I guarantee you if his performance carries over to AA you'll see people clamoring for him to get a chance in much the same way they have for Kole Calhoun.   BTW, I'd also argue that you would have seen a lot more praise for him among prospect circles were he a middle IFer instead of an OFer.

The one thing Zach has working against him on this message board is..  you...  Maybe you should go back to last year and read what people were saying about CJ Cron, instead of assuming the world is out to get poor little Zach.

Stay classy indeed.

Woah, settle down dude. 

Zach has done a great job in High-A this season but the true litmus test is Double-A.

Be that as it may, he still may crack the top 10 of our top 50 prospects list this winter.