• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Adjustments: Josh Hamilton

OK, pitch recognition, got it.  But what suggests to you that he can fix this?

He may not be able to?

If he was injured, as was suggested, then it could just be a matter of getting healthy.

Players make adjustments all of the time so it may be a timing mechanism such as a foot tap or could be him raising his hands higher.... who knows for sure? I'm not an expert I'm just making an observation.

He clearly gets out in front of the off speed stuff and when he does make contact his bat is already to far through the zone and he hits it to the right side and he hits it weakly.

Hamilton is a pretty strong guy and his fly ball distance is down so it could be the weight loss. Could be a lot of things!

And it could very well be that he is in decline mode and won't ever get back to a semblance of his former self. I like to think that he will make some adjustments and at least improve from what he did this year. It may not be enough to make us happy but if he at least gets back to some type of productivity it will soften the blow over the next four years.

Is it being hurt causing the bad hitting?

Is it trying too hard for a new team, like with Don Baylor in 1977?

Is it a permanent and huge decline?

early in the season I was thinking he had Pujols first year syndrome and would snap out of it mid may - but this is August and we still sit under .220 - hope next season is better - or better yet why not get hot now and give us hope for next year ?

"One thing that is clear is that Josh Hamilton is probably not as bad as he has been in 2013."

That is not "clear" in any way. I don't care what he did in any time in the past, this is AUGUST and he has been this way for a full season now. Ryne Sandberg handed his contract back to the Cubs, because he was embarrassed... BUT Ryno had respect for himself, the game, and the people that believed in him enough to pay him big money to play major league baseball.

Jesus didn't have to appear to him and tell him to do it, either.
Ryno was a MAN, and he did what a MAN does, and he got it together, came back to the game when his head was back on straight,  and is now in the HOF.

Josh Hamilton is a boy, with the mind of a boy, who (while smirking) claims to be led by God.
He makes me a little sick to my stomach. I can't even watch him play. He is a disgrace to himself and worse, a disgrace to the game.

When your biggest rival (Oakland) holds a day in your honor, to commemorate your lack of concentration on a lazy fly ball,that cost your team a division,and you laugh it off...you suck as a player, and a person.

I can't decide who is more disgusting. Hamilton, or the idiots who paid him even more money to come and suck for them.

Bad situation all the way around.
In the immortal words of Mark McGuire..."I wish I wasn't a part of it, and I wish it would just go away."

I wouldn't go that far but he sucks ass and I don't think he'll ever regain his past form. Dude is the Halos vanilla Vernon Wells. This contract blows

Not many would go that far, but someone has to tell it like it is.

Everyone wants to tiptoe around it, but somebody needs to say it.

I think Arte Moreno is a good guy, and I hate seeing him being taken by these douchbags, and their agents, for his money.

I just hope he can be close enough to 2012 in 2014 and 2015. Then they can trade him and eat half of the remaining salary for 2016 and 2017.

I hate that he may force trading of Bourjos or Calhoun.

I want to see a Trout/Bourjos/Calhoun OF in 2014. Good defense and hitting

The writing is already on the wall on this matter ...' one of Calhoun or Bourjos will be traded for pitching.

Arte/Dipoto will expect to see Pujols and Hamilton batting somewhere between 3-5 in the lineup to start next season. So don't blame the manager on this next season.

The writing is already on the wall on this matter ...' one of Calhoun or Bourjos will be traded for pitching.

Arte/Dipoto will expect to see Pulos and Hamilton batting somewhere between 3-5 in the lineup to start next season. So don't blame the manager on this next season.

Bourjos can go and sit on the DL for another team. Who cares?

Bourjos is NOT going to bring anything in trade. He can't even play a full month at this level. He will only take up a spot on the 40 man for a few years, like Izzy did, while sitting on the DL and flashing a week of "promise" and a nice play or a clutch hit now and then.

When your biggest rival (Oakland) holds a day in your honor, to commemorate your lack of concentration on a lazy fly ball,that cost your team a division,and you laugh it off...you suck as a player, and a person.

I can't decide who is more disgusting. Hamilton, or the idiots who paid him even more money to come and suck for them.

Bad situation all the way around.

In the immortal words of Mark McGuire..."I wish I wasn't a part of it, and I wish it would just go away."

And yet Arte Moreno flies to Arlington and offers him a 5 year deal, knowing that Hackilton s_it the couch the last week of the season and basically didn't care on that fly ball he misjudged and jogged after.

Arte Moreno still has a lot to learn about common sense.

Bourjos can go and sit on the DL for another team. Who cares?

Bourjos is NOT going to bring anything in trade. He can't even play a full month at this level. He will only take up a spot on the 40 man for a few years, like Izzy did, while sitting on the DL and flashing a week of "promise" and a nice play or a clutch hit now and then.

He did play some 140 games in 2011. This is the first season, minors included, where he's been hurt multiple times. The current one is flukey in nature. As long as the hip is healthy, I have no long term concerns with him health wise.

Last season he sat a lot because of some phantom hip issue that supposedly needed surgery. He didn't have any surgery and he has spent another year on the DL..two whole seasons is enough.

"Promise" means nothing to me anymore.

I hope he gets back and shows some "promise" before the season is over, and so we can send him and his "promise" somewhere for some f'n pitchin.

And yet Arte Moreno flies to Arlington and offers him a 5 year deal, knowing that Hackilton s_it the couch the last week of the season and basically didn't care on that fly ball he misjudged and jogged after.

Arte Moreno still has a lot to learn about common sense.

This is what Arte did when he was done laughing at your post.

tumblr_mkbpkaN37G1s5elw3o1_400.gif

Josh really doesn't deserve to be in a major league lineup at all right now.

Nobody owes him a spot on the field, with his lack of any semblance of enthusiasm.
Watching the game for a week or two might get him motivated, then again I have my doubts that even that would help him.