• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK Jerry, you have my permission

I can't stomach a bunch of season's in a row of 90+ losses while we wait to see if a bunch of acquired prospects live up to their potential.  There are a couple of guys that could end up quality major leaguers in the system now, but they are not ready.

I can't bear to watch Trout have mvp type season surrounded by a supporting cast of never will be's

I don't even want to thing of 'what could have been' if we sell off a bunch of spare parts and watch trout, pujols, hamilton, weaver, and wilson put together good seasons while the team loses 90 game because jiminez, romine, lindsey and cron struggle next year and we trot out Richards, Blanton, and Williams as 3/5ths of our rotation.  Or if Jepsen is our closer. 

What is more likely?  A bunch of prospects panning out or a couple of over priced players who have a track record of performing actually putting together some good seasons.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I still want the team compiled with some semblance of opportunity to win.  Even if they need some things to go right, it's still better than being guaranteed to lose and pinning your hopes on a bunch of guys that could be good but never actually have. 

Does everyone's mentality about this team losing change next year if the media tells us we are not very good?

I can't stomach a bunch of season's in a row of 90+ losses while we wait to see if a bunch of acquired prospects live up to their potential.  There are a couple of guys that could end up quality major leaguers in the system now, but they are not ready.

I can't bear to watch Trout have mvp type season surrounded by a supporting cast of never will be's

I don't even want to thing of 'what could have been' if we sell off a bunch of spare parts and watch trout, pujols, hamilton, weaver, and wilson put together good seasons while the team loses 90 game because jiminez, romine, lindsey and cron struggle next year and we trot out Richards, Blanton, and Williams as 3/5ths of our rotation.  Or if Jepsen is our closer. 

What is more likely?  A bunch of prospects panning out or a couple of over priced players who have a track record of performing actually putting together some good seasons.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I still want the team compiled with some semblance of opportunity to win.  Even if they need some things to go right, it's still better than being guaranteed to lose and pinning your hopes on a bunch of guys that could be good but never actually have. 

Does everyone's mentality about this team losing change next year if the media tells us we are not very good?

I honestly am thinking if not renewing my season seats next year. I don't want to pay to watch Albert and Josh and the crap that's on the field right now. I'd much rather to a game and watch the young guys play with heart then watch a hobbled old Albert who doesn't hustle, Hamilton look disinterested and the team just not caring. Ill take a team of hustlers and guys who r giving it there all who are young then this excuse for a team.

I honestly am thinking if not renewing my season seats next year. I don't want to pay to watch Albert and Josh and the crap that's on the field right now. I'd much rather to a game and watch the young guys play with heart then watch a hobbled old Albert who doesn't hustle, Hamilton look disinterested and the team just not caring. Ill take a team of hustlers and guys who r giving it there all who are young then this excuse for a team.

Every potential scenario for next year's team will include Albert and Josh being out on the field as Halos.  There is no chance either of those two guys can be traded.

Just because you made a bad investment or two doesn't mean you have two hold on to both of them. Boston got rid of their terrible contracts. Jerry is paid to get creative with deals I'm sure there's some team out there that would make a deal or two maybe in the offseason or for another bad contract. Hey Kemp is awful this year :)

Every potential scenario for next year's team will include Albert and Josh being out on the field as Halos.  There is no chance either of those two guys can be traded.

And Albert will be plugged into the 3-spot for four more years, until Scioscia's contract expires after the 2017 season.

I hope we make the playoffs before 2020.

Unloading half your offense is really not a smart thing to do ever and I am sure those who say they would rather watch that would change their tune rather quickly, think Astros. 

Not sure why you all think this team couldnt win with a bit of tweaking next year. 

Unloading half your offense is really not a smart thing to do ever and I am sure those who say they would rather watch that would change their tune rather quickly, think Astros. 

Not sure why you all think this team couldnt win with a bit of tweaking next year. 

that's the point..

do you even know what rebuilding means?

I'd rather sell and see guys like Lindsey, Jimenez, etc show what they can do up here. I'm sick and tired of watching this group of guys underperform in every way possible. 

I'd like to see Jimenez at third base and Lindsey at second base with Field sharing platoon time with the both of them against opposite side hitters (Field has decent splits against both sides of the plate but is better against LHP). Jimenez, as of the last two years, hits right handed pitchers better just like Lindsey (although Lindsey's split is more pronounced).

Don't get me wrong I like Howie a lot and would rather see him stay at second but if we have to upgrade our pitching staff Kendrick might be a piece that could bring back a significantly good top of the rotation starter.