• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout Tops Fangraphs Trade Value Rankings for Second Consecutive Year

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2013-trade-value-the-top-10/

"Without knowing how conversations went, it’s impossible to know why the Angels haven’t locked up Mike Trout yet.  Just back up the truck and give him whatever he wants.  The rest of the Angels are kind of a disaster, but this guy is single handedly keeping them from going off the rails."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2013-trade-value-the-top-10/

"Without knowing how conversations went, it’s impossible to know why the Angels haven’t locked up Mike Trout yet. Just back up the truck and give him whatever he wants. The rest of the Angels are kind of a disaster, but this guy is single handedly keeping them from going off the rails."

Seriously. To be fair I think Arte already has $150 million allocated for Lincecum this upcoming offseason.

Arte only gives 9 figure deals to players who are at least 32 years old. It's the new black.

I know its only a hypothetical at this point, but failing to extend Trout long-term and losing him to free agency might actually lead me to defect from Angels fandom. If you look at each franchise, there are players who defined the organization - all-time greats. This is the first Angel to truly fit that description. There have been a few close calls, namely Dean Chance, Jim Fregosi, Nolan Ryan, and Tim Salmon, but Mike Trout is the first that could both be 1) An all-time great and 2) a life-long Angel. This should be Dipoto's #1 priority.

I know its only a hypothetical at this point, but failing to extend Trout long-term and losing him to free agency might actually lead me to defect from Angels fandom. If you look at each franchise, there are players who defined the organization - all-time greats. This is the first Angel to truly fit that description. There have been a few close calls, namely Dean Chance, Jim Fregosi, Nolan Ryan, and Tim Salmon, but Mike Trout is the first that could both be 1) An all-time great and 2) a life-long Angel. This should be Dipoto's #1 priority.

You're probably the only one who feels this way about Trout's future ... carry on.