• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suarez, Schanuel

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Crikey, give him a minute. Schanuel has 37 PA. 37 PA!

Let's see how he does after his first 100. If he still looks over-matched, send him to AAA for a bit, but not a moment before.

You could argue that he should get a longer leash than 100 PAs. There should be no expectation that this team is a contender so give these guys time unless it becomes obvious that its damaging their development. 

Edited by Jason

Schanuel puts up better AB's than 90% of this roster, he may have a contact/barrel problem but it's not his lack of vision or patience. Give him time, he'll never be a 20-30 HR a year type of hitter nor does he need to be so lets see what he actually becomes with a healthy dose of AB's this year. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

You could argue that he should get a longer leash than 100 PAs. There should be no expectation that this team is a contender so give these guys time unless it becomes obvious that its damaging their development. 

100 PA is about the time stuff like BABIP starts equalizing, so we should have a better sense of his underlying performance. But yeah. I'm just saying that he should get 100 PA no matter what, and then assess where he's at and adjust accordingly. If he's still not hitting at all, with no signs of improvement, he should probably be sent down. But even just modest improvement and you take another 50-100 PA to re-assess again.

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

No, Adell doesn't become a free agent until after the 2027 season.  He's just out of options, so the Angels can't send him to the minors without exposing him to waivers.

Also, Hicks, not Hooks.  Ha.

Lol other than a good throwing arm, he is of little value.

Ron Washington has a history of working with young players and identifying and working through issues, as long as they buy in and put in the work. I don't think there's much doubt that Schanuel is that kind of player who'd put in the work, and he really does have some quality ABs even if the results aren't there yet.

Suarez on the other hand is a bloated useless weakminded knockoff lefthanded Bartolo clone who should be DFA'd

Too soon to pull the plug on Schanuel (maybe the streak was causing him to take too many pitches) or Neto but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if either needed a temporary AAA reboot this year, and I wish they had shored up the depth a little better for that.

At least Sano looks pretty interesting!

11 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

The Angels looking for a quick fix rushed Schanuel up. It's best for his development to work on his game in minors. Keeping him up hurts him. 

I think you should post something like this another 6,309 times. 

8 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

The Angels looking for a quick fix rushed Schanuel up. It's best for his development to work on his game in minors. Keeping him up hurts him. 

I am not looking to start an argument here with you. However you have made 1000 post this off season to dont sign anyone and let the young guys play and have their shot. Now you post this to send him down after what 10 games. I agree that he should get more time in the minors to work on his body. I think the best team that they can feild right now is move Drury to first full time and start Renjifo. but your stance on this has confused me a bit.

8 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think you should post something like this another 6,309 times. 

Trout off to good start looks like Rendon turning it around. Let's get them some help let Adell get same opportunity Schanuel has been given to start season. 

10 minutes ago, Chitown27Fan said:

I am not looking to start an argument here with you. However you have made 1000 post this off season to dont sign anyone and let the young guys play and have their shot. Now you post this to send him down after what 10 games. I agree that he should get more time in the minors to work on his body. I think the best team that they can feild right now is move Drury to first full time and start Renjifo. but your stance on this has confused me a bit.

When it was obvious Arte was not going to spend. Angels hurting development of Schanuel by keeping him up. Lineups by Washington confusing keeping Rengifo out of lineup. Play Adell over Hicks as he may be part of future. I was wrong about Schanuel.

38 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

When it was obvious Arte was not going to spend. Angels hurting development of Schanuel by keeping him up. Lineups by Washington confusing keeping Rengifo out of lineup. Play Adell over Hicks as he may be part of future. I was wrong about Schanuel.

They lose nothing by sending him down to get his timing down.  While his OBO has a lot of value it's hard to argue he's their best option at 1B right now.  Mostly because it means they are playing Drury over Rengifo.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

They lose nothing by sending him down to get his timing down.  While his OBP has a lot of value it's hard to argue he's their best option at 1B right now.  Mostly because it means they are playing Drury over Rengifo.

^^^ This. And it is no knock on Schanuel’s long term prospects. I think some AAA time would be beneficial. Drury, Sano at 1b, Rengifo at 2b.