• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/6/24): Red Sox @ Angels: Detmers on the mound

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I think this is why we could have used Belt. Or fucking any infield depth. But nah.

But let's be fair, Nolan's BABIP is .063. He's put the ball in play 16 times and has 1 hit (HR don't count toward BABIP). That's just...unfair. And he's hitting the ball the same as he did last year. 

Also, he's had 32 plate appearances. That's not even remotely a fair sample size to start thinking about replacing him. He still has 8 walks to 6 K's. The hits just aren't falling in yet. 

He's actually batting .000. MLB just changed all his hits to errors and HR to foul ball. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea if Schanuel needs to be sent down but I can only imagine his low babip is related at least partially to his exit velocity, which I’m assuming is low like it was last year. 

It's 83.6 MPH this year versus 85.4 last year. So, yeah, ongoing issue. But I don't think it's something that gets solved by sending him down--nor do I think the lineup is going to be any better if he's not in it. 

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's 83.6 MPH this year versus 85.4 last year. So, yeah, ongoing issue. But I don't think it's something that gets solved by sending him down--nor do I think the lineup is going to be any better if he's not in it. 

Rengifo vs Nolan which would u want in lineup? Drury play 1B

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Rengifo, Drury, Schanuel..  Any of them over Hicks, please.

Hicks has actually been pretty unlucky, his hard hit rate has been really good but, you have Moniak and Adell FFS.

Exactly. No clue why Hicks is getting so much playing time. 

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Rengifo, Drury, Schanuel..  Any of them over Hicks, please.

Hicks has actually been pretty unlucky, his hard hit rate has been really good but, you have Moniak and Adell FFS.

If they could still add pitching I’d release Hicks and bring up Joyce, Herget or Plesac for the pen. But now they limit how many pitchers on the roster. I don’t see any offensive players that add more value than Hicks ceiling in the minors. Maybe Marisnek because he can steal a base. 

Yeah, I don’t get why Hicks is getting so many ABs. Like let’s say he gets it together and has a good year by Aaron Hicks standards. What is that? A .750 OPS at the very best? I’d much rather give Adell consistent ABs and find out if he’s ever gonna be a legit major league starter.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Rengifo can DH.

U lose that extra INF then. Rengifo 2B Drury 1B. I'm just thinking Nolan might need sometime in minors. Hope I'm wrong but we will see. I just want Rengifo (he earned spot from last year) and Adell in lineup.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Yeah, I don’t get why Hicks is getting so many ABs. Like let’s say he gets it together and has a good year by Aaron Hicks standards. What is that? A .750 OPS at the very best? I’d much rather give Adell consistent ABs and find out if he’s ever gonna be a legit major league starter.

Yep, this is exactly where I'm at.  I think seeing what you have in Adell is worth more than whatever theoretical marginal prospect you might get for Hicks later in the year if he has a decent year. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Exactly. No clue why Hicks is getting so much playing time. 

Because Washington knows Hicks by reputation whereas Moniak and Adell don't have one and Washington is trying to balance winning with basically rookies development. I am in the group that wants to see Adell play and show if he can flourish because the Angels need him to lock down a position for the next 5 years. Hicks will be gone after this season so he should be the bench alternative instead of a starter.

24 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Because Washington knows Hicks by reputation whereas Moniak and Adell don't have one and Washington is trying to balance winning with basically rookies development. I am in the group that wants to see Adell play and show if he can flourish because the Angels need him to lock down a position for the next 5 years. Hicks will be gone after this season so he should be the bench alternative instead of a starter.

I agree. 

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't really see the point of starting Schanuel as the starting 1B out of Spring Training. He has a great idea of the strike zone but he absolutely needs to learn how to hunt fastballs early in the count and to elevate balls in the air. These are things he could be working on in AAA instead of making weak contact in front of Trout. There is really no reason to be stashing Rengifo on the bench so that a guy can develop at the major league level.