• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if Ippei isn’t arrested in the coming days should we assume that it is Ohtani that is doing the betting and that will take longer to prove? 

I also notice that Ohtani's legal team says that this matter was turned over "to the authorities", but no law enforcement agency that would possibly have jurisdiction in the matter has received any complaint. My guess is that nobody is investigating this at all, because Ohtani's hands would be found to be all over it if it were thoroughly investigated.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

21 minutes ago, cals said:

Yeah but Taylor has a lot of random men’s phone numbers on his phone so this doesn’t  necessarily mean anything.

I've been saving them to one day text your number to all of them and say, "This guy is down to party."

If the truth comes out that Ippei asked Ohtani for money for "X" (like investing in something, buying a home etc) and it turns out he was duped and it was for gambling, I can see that and understand it.

What I don't get it's that it's been a week now, and Ohtamis people haven't simply explained it like that. No statement at all about how exactly he was victimized, just that he was.

That doesn't make sense....

I also don't believe for a second (even of Ohtani was duped) that he didn't find out anything was up until Ippei gave a team meeting.

I.... have a really hard time believing ESPN not only had the scoop, but somehow knew to blame Ippei... before the Feds ever at least contacted Ohtani's lawyer to advise him he was being investigated. 

Doesn't add up...

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

In the ESPN story it says that a Spokesman for Ohtani told ESPN the slugger had transferred the funds to cover Mizuhara's gambling debt.

I am curious who this Spokesman is, and was he fired by Ohtani after signing an NDA.

Yup no name yet but it sounds like Ohtani straight up hired a fixer, or sorry a ''crisis management spokesman''. And like everyone else in the timeline he never talked to Ohtani to get his side or iron out the next moves. Kind of strange since it was this fixer person who set up the large Dodgers in house meeting where Ohtani was attending as well. Guy supposedly never talked to Ohtani to tell him what was actually going to be said at the meeting (lol). Quite possibly the worst fixer in the history of fixers. But with the media on their side and Ippei probably getting paid under the table to take full responsibility and more than likely Ohtani not wanting to press charges for the theft it will all just go away. Or well at least until the Bowers guy is facing a long prison sentence and he wants to tell his side of all of this.     

1711459499462240.png

30 minutes ago, nothing, Nothing said:

Yup no name yet but it sounds like Ohtani straight up hired a fixer, or sorry a ''crisis management spokesman''. And like everyone else in the timeline he never talked to Ohtani to get his side or iron out the next moves. Kind of strange since it was this fixer person who set up the large Dodgers in house meeting where Ohtani was attending as well. Guy supposedly never talked to Ohtani to tell him what was actually going to be said at the meeting (lol). Quite possibly the worst fixer in the history of fixers. But with the media on their side and Ippei probably getting paid under the table to take full responsibility and more than likely Ohtani not wanting to press charges for the theft it will all just go away. Or well at least until the Bowers guy is facing a long prison sentence and he wants to tell his side of all of this.     

1711459499462240.png

So basically I'm not crazy right? When the original story was breaking, it was reported as a "spokesman for Ohtani" told Ippei to talk to the media?