• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon injured again, possibly out for season

I wonder how much (if any) off season training and conditioning he did? Assuming he wasn't seriously prevented medically  for the last few months at least. 

You would think that coming off so much inactivity and with a terrible reputation that he would want to change the narrative. At least hustle and try and get better media reaction. 

Instead he made things worse with his lack of tact and tone deafness. And now again the small injuries appear, likely extending into a whole season of such incidents. 

If he really has the integrity and self respect he claims to then he would retire. If his body actually is frail and slow healing, then he will never contribute adequately in the field. And hasn't he already made a fortune? No doubt the Angels would kick in some more in a settlement just to be rid of him. 

From Jeff Fletcher's article posted elsewhere on the board:

"Washington said he plans to be conservative with Rendon, giving him one more day off after he says that he’s ready to play.

With his fragility, we just want to make certain that everything is well,” Washington said. “It’s nothing too wrong to be concerned about. When you come and say my groin is tight, all it takes is another sudden move and now it’s a pulled groin instead of a tight groin. Where he is now, we can loosen it up. But if he pulled it, we can’t loosen it. So you’ve got to be cautious.”

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

"Washington said he plans to be conservative with Rendon, giving him one more day off after he says that he’s ready to play.

With his fragility, we just want to make certain that everything is well,” Washington said. “It’s nothing too wrong to be concerned about. When you come and say my groin is tight, all it takes is another sudden move and now it’s a pulled groin instead of a tight groin. Where he is now, we can loosen it up. But if he pulled it, we can’t loosen it. So you’ve got to be cautious.”

image.png.5438d079c60ac613166b96852cd607a1.png

16 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

It's a takeoff on a famous meme about eating beans in the theater. Thankfully, the reddit user used the "a" word instead of the "n" word from the original.

This is what I thought too until I saw the part about Rendon leaving the movie 20 minutes in. That seems on brand.

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's not wrong