• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale: Angels or Giants to sign Snell

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i'm tired of talking about it and reading about it. i wish something would get done just so we can move on.

Are you talking about signing Snell, or resolving the stadium issue, or Arte selling the team, or the broadcast contract situation, or the health of Rendon and Trout, or Minasian’s contract, or finding out if Jo Adell is a player or a bust, or if Schanuel can drive the ball at the major league level, or if there will be shrinkflation in the dippin dots servings this year?

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I love these guys. @UndertheHalo thinks they're heretics.

Pfft, they'd be heretics if they were in MLB.  Or any pro minor league.  Or NCAA.  Or college wood bat summer league.  But they're not, so they're not.

Does anyone call the Harlem Globetrotters heretics?

When the inevitable Gilligan's Island reboot comes, the Savannah Bananas will be ones making the guest appearance this time.

27 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I hope Snell goes to the Giants and Montgomery to the Red Sox.

Really?  You don’t want Montgomery?  I can understand not wanting to give up a pick for Snell, but Montgomery is the good version of Sandoval but on a more consistent basis.  2018 was the last season he had an FIP above 4.  

The Snell/Montgomery saga is getting old.

They do realize that opening day is just a little over 3 weeks away.    Doesn’t leave much time for them to get into regular season shape.

Halos should have just signed Montgomery as ST was starting.  Could have possibly done 3 years for $80 million, with opt out after 2nd year?

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Snell/Montgomery saga is getting old.

They do realize that opening day is just a little over 3 weeks away.    Doesn’t leave much time for them to get into regular season shape.

Halos should have just signed Montgomery as ST was starting.  Could have possibly done 3 years for $80 million, with opt out after 2nd year?

I highly doubt he is taking $80 million now or at the beginning of spring training.  He is much less likely to take a short deal in my opinion.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Really?  You don’t want Montgomery?  I can understand not wanting to give up a pick for Snell, but Montgomery is the good version of Sandoval but on a more consistent basis.  2018 was the last season he had an FIP above 4.  

I still believe that the Angels aren't going to sign either of them based on what I was told in December and because I've already turned the page on these guys. 

Hope the Giants load up and add one of the two to compete with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks.

If the Angels sign one of them, I would love it as I always said this team needs a clear #1 ace and I believe it could also open up some possibilities for the BP and for a trade for something else down the road with all of our OF's. 

The longer pitchers hold out, the longer it will take for them to be in their best condition. The pitching arm is a delicate mechanism. Of course they work out on their own but the team environment and being in sync with coaches is important. Especially going to a new organization. It's interesting watching this Boras strategy play out.  

8 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

The longer pitchers hold out, the longer it will take for them to be in their best condition. The pitching arm is a delicate mechanism. Of course they work out on their own but the team environment and being in sync with coaches is important. Especially going to a new organization. It's interesting watching this Boras strategy play out.  

Working out on your own also doesn’t get you reps in a real game against big league hitters. No matter how much Boras tries to downplay its importance.

8 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Are you talking about signing Snell, or resolving the stadium issue, or Arte selling the team, or the broadcast contract situation, or the health of Rendon and Trout, or Minasian’s contract, or finding out if Jo Adell is a player or a bust, or if Schanuel can drive the ball at the major league level, or if there will be shrinkflation in the dippin dots servings this year?

the whole snell situation, which is the title of this thread and the subject of the post right before mine.

i top-paged so i guess it wasn't as obvious as i expected.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

the whole snell situation, which is the title of this thread and the subject of the post right before mine.

i top-paged so i guess it wasn't as obvious as i expected.

I was being deliberately confused just pointing out the predictable state of mind of being an Angel fan right now.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm down to add Montgomery and Martinez. Gets us a little deeper on both sides of the game and might make others more tradable.

Does is get us into the playoffs? Probably not, but it definitely makes us more competitive without losing picks or handing out a stupid contract.

Though Perry needs to figure out how to give us playoff baseball. I'm getting tired of this.