• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brock Purdy Angels Connection

My youngest son has been a 49ers fan for decades. He was a little despondent in the first half of the Lions playoff. I was going to give him crap but the 49ers usually learn from the first half and turn it around in the second. That and the Lions had Goff, so it was a given he wouldn't hold the lead. 

Between 49ers and Chiefs I have to go with the niners because the State Farm commercials are intolerable. 

39 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My youngest son has been a 49ers fan for decades. He was a little despondent in the first half of the Lions playoff. I was going to give him crap but the 49ers usually learn from the first half and turn it around in the second. That and the Lions had Goff, so it was a given he wouldn't hold the lead. 

Between 49ers and Chiefs I have to go with the niners because the State Farm commercials are intolerable. 

If the Lions coach had just kicked a FG in the 3rd quarter, instead of going for the first, making it a 3 score game......

9 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

If the Lions coach had just kicked a FG in the 3rd quarter, instead of going for the first, making it a 3 score game......

Yeah, I'm all for being aggressive. And I understand that aggressiveness is "what got them there" because I've seen them pull it off a lot this season. But if you're looking at 4th and 3, 4th and 5, and you have a pretty decent lead, at that point you need to take the points IMO. As much as I hate to admit because I'm sick of seeing the Chiefs, Mahomes has a reputation for absolutely taking advantage of those situations when they don't pan out. 3 might not seem like much, but at least it's points, and it would have given a little momentum back to the offense.

Hindsight, of course. 

21 hours ago, Hubs said:

@mmc Love the comment. Keep being you dude.

And for the record, the Rams left when I was 15, and I was already a 49ers fan, but to expect a city to support you after you left and then came back, is a joke. The Rams left an entire generation of LA fans to find another favorite team. 

I was a Rams fan until they moved...All of my mom's family is from the bay area, it was pretty easy to move to follow the 49ers.  Not to mention back in the early 90's we were living in Whittier, and the local paper 'adopted' the 49ers as the home town team.  The Rams for me (especially with Stafford as the QB), are in the same category as the Raiders, Yankees and Dodgers...a loss from one of these teams can make my day.

13 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

The first 4th down try in the second half I get. It was 24-10, no reason to think the 49ers were able to score, they'd just been held to a field goal and you were still rolling...

The second 4th down try I dont understand at all. That made zero sense. Down 27-24, you take the points and tie the game back up. Wasn't a chip shot field goal at 48 yards, but it should've been made. And they were on the 30, so it's not like the field position would've been better if they didn't make the field goal.

I will say that the 49ers scoring on the next drive to take a 10 point lead felt demoralizing. They then switched to a soft prevent defense to keep the Lions burning clock on their TD drive. They'd have been much more aggressive defensively with a 7 point lead. There was only 3:02 left when they took a 10 point lead.... People saying they'd have tied it back up if they'd only kicked one of the field goals are missing the defensive switch that took place here. Scoring twice in 3 minutes is not unheard of, but its highly improbable after being shut out for nearly 27 minutes at that point.

Edited by Hubs

Sorry to interrupt the football bashing, but 9 players that make the MLB from a team’s draft year doesn’t sound bad to me. However, I don’t have the context say good or bad but there were years in the early 10’s that seemed like we purposely drafted players with no talent or athleticism.