• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Aaron Hicks (1 year, $740k) - DFA Ingram

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Aaron Hicks (1 year, $740k)

I think this all but confirms we aren’t in on Bellinger and reports of our interest were overblown. 

Trout

Moniak

Ward

Adell

Hicks

Someone is getting traded by end of spring training… I’m fine with this deal because it’s simply a league minimum contract so who cares but this lineup still needs a lot of help. Interested to see what Perry does next 

Looked great in Baltimore. 

They could very well be thinking of Ward as a 1B/DH guy, or Adell as a DH/OF guy too. I see it sort of like infield last year before the injuries. Technically enough at-bats for all those guys to be in the mix but someone or all of them will be shorted a good bit.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, my guess is that this is their big OF move for the off-season. 

This honestly isn't an ugly move. Hicks rebounded after getting kicked to the curb by the Yankees.  He looked to be a bit of a butcher in the OF the last time I watched him play but if they were going to pay a 35 year old to be the 4th/5th OFer, I'm glad they are only going to pay the minimum.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

This honestly isn't an ugly move. Hicks rebounded after getting kicked to the curb by the Yankees.  He looked to be a bit of a butcher in the OF the last time I watched him play but if they were going to pay a 35 year old to be the 4th/5th OFer, I'm glad they are only going to pay the minimum.

Yeah, I don't hate it.  He just can't stay on the field.  Dude is ALWAYS hurt.  His chart on Savant from last year isn't pretty, but he's still got some small silver linings in there.