• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Aaron Hicks (1 year, $740k) - DFA Ingram

12 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It's the entire approach to the offseason. Arte is being cheap. & Perry sucks.

You lost a generational player, you haven't come close to rebuilding the roster offensively, but you add two expensive back end relief pitchers.

I have trouble seeing this group crack 70 wins.

None of this has anything to do with signing a guy for the league minimum to be the 5th OF on the depth chart.  This is a move done by any team, regardless of the who the GM or owner is or how good the rest of the roster is.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

None of this has anything to do with signing a guy for the league minimum to be the 5th OF on the depth chart.  This is a move done by any team, regardless of the who the GM or owner is or how good the rest of the roster is.

It is if this is the only move on the offensive side. Which it is, other than trading Stassi.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

It is if this is the only move on the offensive side. Which it is, other than trading Stassi.

So you're prematurely getting mad about something that may not even be the case?  I mean I suppose that makes more sense than getting mad over this move itself, but still pretty nonsensical

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

So you're prematurely getting mad about something that may not even be the case?  I mean I suppose that makes more sense than getting mad over this move itself, but still pretty nonsensical

It's Feb 1st. Spring Training is in two weeks. They need to get things moving. Granted no other team looks like they're spending money, but there are a lot of good free agents to have and they could figure it out and turn this team into a competitive one. 

That's why I am mad.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It's Feb 1st. Spring Training is in two weeks. They need to get things moving. Granted no other team looks like they're spending money, but there are a lot of good free agents to have and they could figure it out and turn this team into a competitive one. 

That's why I am mad.

Respectfully, this should tell you everything you need to know.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Respectfully, this should tell you everything you need to know.

Once football is over, I will be bored until the ST trip. Need something to fill my sports podcast needs. Even offseason transaction discussions.

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

That's why I am mad.

So again, a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do Hicks.  So I still don't understand why you're referring to this as a "terrible fucking move"

Hicks is unnecessary and is only going to clog up the already crowded OF. They wont add another OF bat without moving one, so I think this takes them out on Bellinger.

36 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Hicks is unnecessary and is only going to clog up the already crowded OF. They wont add another OF bat without moving one, so I think this takes them out on Bellinger.

So you’d rather give at bats to Brett Phillips, Jordyn Adams or even Adell?? (who still hasn’t proven a damn thing). I’d say Hicks as a back up OF is necessary 

22 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

So you’d rather give at bats to Brett Phillips, Jordyn Adams or even Adell?? (who still hasn’t proven a damn thing). I’d say Hicks as a back up OF is necessary 

They signed Marisnick to a minor league deal to fill the exact role that you are now signing Hicks for. They also have Rengifo, Willie Calhoun, and yes Adams to fill in if necessary. Adell needs AB's.

16 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They signed Marisnick to a minor league deal to fill the exact role that you are now signing Hicks for. They also have Rengifo, Willie Calhoun, and yes Adams to fill in if necessary. Adell needs AB's.

That certainly isn’t true. Marisnick has never had the OPS against lefties that Hicks had last year.  By the way depth is important, if you need any evidence of that, look at the last 10 years of being a fan of this team.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That certainly isn’t true. Marisnick has never had the OPS against lefties that Hicks had last year.  By the way depth is important, if you need any evidence of that, look at the last 10 years of being a fan of this team.  

Yeah I have no clue why anyone would complain about something like this let alone calling it a “terrible fucking move”, if I’m Perry I’m signing as many guys with major league experience to minor league/vet minimum deals as possible.  The alternative is rushing prospects to the majors or giving them away in Escobar/Moustakas type trades and it isn’t as if the best players won’t be on the roster on Opening Day