• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode 28

• Chuck featured this topic

Lots of good stuff in this episode. I love Victor’s background knowledge and banter. His annoyance with reporters acting as Boras’ mouthpiece was cracking me up around the 17 minute mark.

@Spirit also had a good analogy about the weather and the off-season lol. It’s depressing but it happens every year.

I’ll end this post with a picture of @Chuck pouring a bourbon while staring directly at the camera. We can rest assured knowing this site is in good hands with a man that can fill his glass with authority.

image.jpeg

I just want to add a little to the conversation around signing an impact player this year. While it's true that adding a MOTO bat or TOR arm doesn't necessarily get you out of 4th place this year, as long as it's a multi-year deal it gets you closer for next year and the year after. You never know when things might click and go your way if you have some talent on the roster but it's never gonna happen if we're thinking year to year with all the one year deals for middling veterans

13 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Chuck, I also like your positivity. To me, that's the key to being a fan.

100% @Torridd. It's OK if you're critical when it's warranted, I know I am, but if that's your angle most of the time on social media, here and in life in general...I ain't got time for people like that. 

I would choose Bellinger over Snell, and go after Burnes a year from now, if Moreno has to bring in a bigger contract now.

Snell in only those 2 Cy Young seasons has made more than 27 starts.

Bellinger has shown more durability, and has an average WAR of about 1.0 greater than Snell.

Bellinger, with exception of 2021 and 2022, has hit well enough vs RHP and LHP, and also has an .838 career OPS with RISP.   That would be a welcome addition alone.

Snell’s lack of innings, outside of the 2 Cy Young seasons, doesn’t warrant $200 million.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Re: Victor saying “if you’re in at $500M aren’t you just in?” I wonder how willing the Ohtani camp would have been to entertain deferred payments from Arte, considering they tied the opt-out clauses with changes certain LAD organizational changes. It’s a very different situation with Arte and his heirs who don’t have interest in taking over than it appears to be with the Guggenheims. 

17 hours ago, Spirit said:

I'm not suggesting I wasn't being positive.  But the album titles I picked to have behind me were "Vital Signs" and "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"

Ha, nice. I need to start wearing my glasses during the podcast so I can actually see the album covers. 

AW-podcast-cover-yt-subscribe-01 copy.png

Hey everybody, please hit the subscribe button. We're at 960 but trying to get to 1K so that we can unlock a ton of features that YouTube gives you once you accomplished that goal and other achievements which we already have. 

Thanks everyone!! 🙏