• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Kubitza HOFer?

Stradling

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Really, with Kubitza, I saw the size, plate discipline, along with adequate athleticism, power and speed to be a major leaguer. The ball really jumped off his bat and once he got underway, his long strides showcased deceiving speed. 

So I was quite surprised to see him bust. 

Hindsight, I think he was almost too selective in his approach, and his preswing motion wasn't something that was going to fly. The arm was barely passable at 3B and better suited for 2B but he lacked the range for middle infield.

He was an offensive minded man without a position, much like Grant Green, another bust. 

My take on him was, he was trying to be one of those guys who was kinda decent at everything, like a Cole Calhoun, but he ended up being kinda bad at everything. Tough break, IMO.

40 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Really, with Kubitza, I saw the size, plate discipline, along with adequate athleticism, power and speed to be a major leaguer. The ball really jumped off his bat and once he got underway, his long strides showcased deceiving speed. 

Hindsight, I think he was almost too selective in his approach, and his preswing motion wasn't something that was going to fly. The arm was barely passable at 3B and better suited for 2B but he lacked the range for middle infield.

He was an offensive minded man without a position, much like Grant Green, another bust. 

I saw the plate discipline and thought he could be “White Callaspo” but with slightly less glove. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

The ball jumps off the bats of many in BP all day long....

6 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

There were many of us Tank....

no, i don't think so. it was me . . . just me . . . that believed in him. everyone else around the country had no faith in him, but i alone remained steadfast. i have signed affadavits and everything. my cousin in a notary public and i can fly her in with documents and video proof, if necessary. 

i even have a witness...

Colby This Is True GIF by Yellowstone

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

no, i don't think so. it was me . . . just me . . . that believed in him. everyone else around the country had no faith in him, but i alone remained steadfast. i have signed affadavits and everything. my cousin in a notary public and i can fly her in with documents and video proof, if necessary. 

i even have a witness...

Colby This Is True GIF by Yellowstone

I thought he was rushed... But, I held out hope and wanted him to have a full season or 2 before we tossed him out! 

You know, kind of how Joe Adell is treated by some around here....

6 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

The ball jumps off the bats of many in BP all day long....

Yeah but there are certain guys where it's different. There's a different sound, there's just a way the ball will jump, even if it doesn't seem they're swinging that hard. Guys that I've watched in BP or on the back fields with this "ball jumping" quality....

First I ever saw was Dave Winfield in the 90's. As a kid I didn't fully understand but his line drives went to the wall and the other guys didn't. Mike Trout for sure. Kevin Maitan oppo field was different. Josh Hamilton, at least when he was a Ranger. CJ Cron during BP.

Ichiro's BP was fascinating because he worked on placement more than anything and I saw him hit out 8 straight to the same exact spot in the RF corner, all liners. It was then that I understood he was something really special, but this was a few years into his career so it was no surprise. I just didn't know a little guy like him could do that 

Trumbo was a big one. Easy, easy power. It was kind of ridiculous actually. And finally, Shohei. Not a single one on this list matches the majestic nature of his. Everyone already knew he was special but seeing it in person early on put it into perspective. 

Obviously Kyle really isn't in the same category as these guys, but generally speaking, they all hit the ball hard. 

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yeah but there are certain guys where it's different. There's a different sound, there's just a way the ball will jump, even if it doesn't seem they're swinging that hard. Guys that I've watched in BP or on the back fields with this "ball jumping" quality....

First I ever saw was Dave Winfield in the 90's. As a kid I didn't fully understand but his line drives went to the wall and the other guys didn't. Mike Trout for sure. Kevin Maitan oppo field was different. Josh Hamilton, at least when he was a Ranger. CJ Cron during BP.

Ichiro's BP was fascinating because he worked on placement more than anything and I saw him hit out 8 straight to the same exact spot in the RF corner, all liners. It was then that I understood he was something really special, but this was a few years into his career so it was no surprise. I just didn't know a little guy like him could do that 

Trumbo was a big one. Easy, easy power. It was kind of ridiculous actually. And finally, Shohei. Not a single one on this list matches the majestic nature of his. Everyone already knew he was special but seeing it in person early on put it into perspective. 

Obviously Kyle really isn't in the same category as these guys, but generally speaking, they all hit the ball hard. 

Young Frank Thomas.

Just the most explosive BP I've ever seen.  I wish they had the tech to measure exit velocity in place in those days because I'd be willing to bet he would have put up numbers we haven't seen since.

Dude was just incredibly strong with unbelievable bat speed.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Young Frank Thomas.

Just the most explosive BP I've ever seen.  I wish they had the tech to measure exit velocity in place in those days because I'd be willing to bet he would have put up numbers we haven't seen since.

Dude was just incredibly strong with unbelievable bat speed.

I believe it based on his build and his career. And his fun little cameo in Mr. Baseball.

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I believe it based on his build and his career. And his fun little cameo in Mr. Baseball.

Holy shit I forget thats him firing lasers in BP.  Yeah, If anyone wants to get a look at what that guy was like, that scene is a pretty good look.

He was an absolute monster through age 29..

2 hours ago, cals said:

It was want just you Tank.  @futureangels had him pegged as the next Mike Schmidt.

https://mlblogsfutureangels.wordpress.com/2007/01/21/brandon-wood-vs-mike-schmidt/

LOL, that twat wrote that almost immediately after he banned me from his site for pointing out all the red flags Wood carried with him.

Dude also had an article posted in BBA that at times was near verbatim from a post of mine calling out the Angels minor league pitching for it's excessive use of pitchers, a post he called uninformed and stupid. It was stupid until it was obvious they were wrecking arms, then the clown tried to pass it off as an original thought -- hilarious given how big a bitch he was anytime someone used an image from his site.

He also suggested I was a moron for believing Troy Glaus could make the jump to MLB within a year, a comment I made before he had been drafted.

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL, that twat wrote that almost immediately after he banned me from his site for pointing out all the red flags Wood carried with him.

Dude also had an article posted in BBA that at times was near verbatim from a post of mine calling out the Angels minor league pitching for it's excessive use of pitchers, a post he called uninformed and stupid. It was stupid until it was obvious they were wrecking arms, then the clown tried to pass it off as an original thought -- hilarious given how big a bitch he was anytime someone used an image from his site.

He also suggested I was a moron for believing Troy Glaus could make the jump to MLB within a year, a comment I made before he had been drafted.

That guy died a while back if I'm not mistaken. I remember years ago, like 2009 he said he wanted to pay me per article written but I never followed up with him.

“(Futureangels.com) was unprecedented, not only within Angels fandom but probably minor league baseball.

It was copied, it was imitated, and a few times it was even ripped off. But it was, and always will be, the first.”