• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Kubitza HOFer?

Stradling

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was wrong about Mike Colangelo. And Brian Specht.

You weren't wrong about Mike Colangelo.  Terry Collins decided to be cute, played two guys out of position for the first time ever (at the MLB level), and Colangelo suffered permanent injuries.

Terry Collins destroyed at least three MLB careers while managing the Angels.

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So were 95% of the people who try to project 14/15 year olds.

All the tools, but he just didn't want it once he got paid.  It happens a lot more than people realize.

Well he did want "it", but the "it" wasn't success at baseball. The "it" that he wanted, he got when he turned 16. 

Really, with Kubitza, I saw the size, plate discipline, along with adequate athleticism, power and speed to be a major leaguer. The ball really jumped off his bat and once he got underway, his long strides showcased deceiving speed. 

So I was quite surprised to see him bust. 

Hindsight, I think he was almost too selective in his approach, and his preswing motion wasn't something that was going to fly. The arm was barely passable at 3B and better suited for 2B but he lacked the range for middle infield.

He was an offensive minded man without a position, much like Grant Green, another bust.