• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How did you celebrate Independence Day (or July 4th for foreign friends)

Rode our bikes to downtown HB a bit after the parade ended and stopped for a few drinks at a friends bar.  Then went to a barbecue at another friends house about a half mile from downtown where we stayed for about 7 hours, caught the fireworks show at night then rode home.  I honestly would have avoided downtown if I could have and even riding back at night there were some drunk dingleberries but the majority of people drunk or sober were in good spirits.  After living here my entire life I just think the entire day downtown is overrated and can't imagine why people are sitting in the traffic 5 minutes before the fireworks start heading towards the beach when there's no where to park, a ton of people on foot/bikes heading there and half the streets are closed. 

We had a couple friends over and I BBQ'd steak, bell pepper and white onion skewers.  We watched fireworks on TV.  Usually we go out to the Rose Bowl or the local High School but these last couple weeks have been very busy and exhausting for us, plus we are flying out of state next week so we needed a day to stay inside and relax.

We had a couple friends over and I BBQ'd steak, bell pepper and white onion skewers.  We watched fireworks on TV.  Usually we go out to the Rose Bowl or the local High School but these last couple weeks have been very busy and exhausting for us, plus we are flying out of state next week so we needed a day to stay inside and relax.

Mmmm...yummy!  We made carnitas tacos for lunch, then I rode a bike to pick up round table for dinner since they wouldn't deliver that evening.

Rode our bikes to downtown HB a bit after the parade ended and stopped for a few drinks at a friends bar. Then went to a barbecue at another friends house about a half mile from downtown where we stayed for about 7 hours, caught the fireworks show at night then rode home. I honestly would have avoided downtown if I could have and even riding back at night there were some drunk dingleberries but the majority of people drunk or sober were in good spirits. After living here my entire life I just think the entire day downtown is overrated and can't imagine why people are sitting in the traffic 5 minutes before the fireworks start heading towards the beach when there's no where to park, a ton of people on foot/bikes heading there and half the streets are closed.

Yeah, it's an experience to go to downtown and fun, but the traffic is beyond brutal.

I actually missed fireworks.

The lady dropped off her dog earlier in the day to go to the Angels game and I havent seen him in some time, so I hung out with him and took him to the dog park.

Buddy of mine hit me up to stop by our bar. They are cool with dogs on the patio so I stopped by with the little guy. There were two really drunk girls in there with their dad and I think grandmother. Grandma simply put her walker against the wall to post up at the bar, dad was driving but throwing back shots with the girls and having his beer, all while the two girls were getting out of hand where one kept pulling up her dress above her lady region to show off her tattoo and I guess note that she takes care of that area...this according to my buddy. Although I know he wasn't lying because later she did the drunk dancing by herself and doing the same, not to mention when I did show up I mentioned I was going to the patio because the pup, thus they got overly excited about a strangers dog and while out there dress girl decided to sit like a dude and show me her underwear.....classy broads.

My two buddies leave to take back food and see the fireworks somewhere. I close out because I want to get the pup indoors before the fireworks go off, but doing so see the Angels are in the 8th and decide to hangout longer and see if a miracle happens. The miracle did happen while I kept going outside to check on the dog in the car or listen for fireworks.

Upon leaving after the game I saw the remnants of the firework finale and someone let off a loose one.

Lady came back from the game to pick up the dog but instead we went back to the pub because her and her friend wanted a drink but said everywhere around the stadium was closed. The drunk family was there still. Had some drinks and caught up with the ladies friend (James, remember the girl that fell in front of Heros and Legends or The Printing Press?) who is visiting from out of town.

Mellow day, no hangover, and no traffic.

Went to the Angel game and watched from the Anaheim City Council's luxury suite, which is located directly behind home plate.

It was my first time in a box and I was blown away with how cool it was.

It was made even better since 3/4ths of the dozen or so people in the suite were Cards fans, including the ones I came with.

Prior to heading to the game, it was the usual beers and BBQ.

Took the kiddies to see 'Despicable Me 2'.  Threw them in the kiddie pool when we got back.  After naps, we visited some friends in Washougal (city on the hill across from Portland, Or.) and set off fireworks in the street, and had a spectacular view of about a 30 mile+ stretch of the Washington and Oregon borders setting off fireworks.  Somewhat like I'd imagine Wolf Blitzer experiencing while in downtown Beirut during some sort of attack that he's covering circa 1992.  Plus, fireworks are legal here in Washington and some of the stuff people shoot off isn't too far removed from professional firework shows.  Good time all in all.

Watched a 16 hour Golden Girls marathon on Lifetime channel.

Funny, I didn't see you in my living room. That was pretty much what was on here, although I didn't partake.

As for me, not much. It's a day I'm kind of bummed. It's a day of national celebration, but also the anniversary of the death of a very good friend of mine. He was a rarity - an Englishman who loved baseball. I owe my Arsenal fandom to him.

Went to a BBQ/Pool party thing on my wife's side of my family in Huntington Beach, while there, picked up a Philly Cheesesteak to eat later in the day. Got home, watched a movie called Kon-Tiki, had some little sparkler fireworks for the kids, and capped the end of the night with watching Independence Day which I haven't seen since I was 12 or so.

Took the kiddies to see 'Despicable Me 2'.  Threw them in the kiddie pool when we got back.  After naps, we visited some friends in Washougal (city on the hill across from Portland, Or.) and set off fireworks in the street, and had a spectacular view of about a 30 mile+ stretch of the Washington and Oregon borders setting off fireworks.  Somewhat like I'd imagine Wolf Blitzer experiencing while in downtown Beirut during some sort of attack that he's covering circa 1992.  Plus, fireworks are legal here in Washington and some of the stuff people shoot off isn't too far removed from professional firework shows.  Good time all in all.

The director of my men's chorus lives in Washougal. Has an insane view ofthe river and mount hood.

Saw despicable me 2 and went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant here in palm dessert. Too bloody hotto sit outside so we came in and watched the Angels game. Also watched parts of that crappy Macy's Fourth of July special that featured music from Usher and other hip hoppers instead of patriotic music.

Sorry the window closed on the classy daughters, Brandon...

I worked tip 6pm, then went to my buddies to eat and watch the Queen Mary fireworks from his balcony.  The real fireworks started after that show; Long Beach got lit-up!  Morters shootin rockets from almost every block.

I think it ended around 2am...