• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How are you feeling

angelsfan100

18 hours ago, Mark68 said:

I'd say you dodged a bullet not getting tix to that snoozefest on Sunday. 

I had targeted the Minnesota game before the season. My best friend, who passed away in November 2022, was a huge Vikings fan. I'm sure that we would have gone to that game. After looking at prices I decided that it just wasn't feasible this close to the holidays. I didn't miss much. No points in the entire game until 1:57 left.

The Dodgers are taking on a lot of risk with these signings but because it’s the Dodgers it will work out for them.  If the Angels went into the season with Yamamoto who hasn’t throw a pitch in the majors, a guy who’s made 21 starts once in his career, two guys who are coming off of their second TJ surgery and a rookie, we’d be skeptical as fuck. 

Any optimism that I might have had went straight in the bin after watching the holiday podcast. The guys always do a great job of analysis, but the main point is that we seem to discuss the same things year after year. This franchise has no apparent direction, there is a severe image problem that prevents players from wanting to come to the Angels, and the people who are in a position to change it are either oblivious to it or they are totally indifferent. There is penny pinching in areas that could actually help, and nothing seems to be changing.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

A mixture of apathy, ennui, disappointment, hopelessness, irritation.

Sort of like the last few years of my marriage.

Of course then I got a divorce, and have been in a new relationship for the last four years in which none of those qualities feature to a significant degree, so I guess there's hope...except for the fact that unlike my ex-wife, the Angels have me in a Brokeback Mountain headlock: "I wish I knew how to quit you."

On 12/24/2023 at 8:33 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Any optimism that I might have had went straight in the bin after watching the holiday podcast. The guys always do a great job of analysis, but the main point is that we seem to discuss the same things year after year. This franchise has no apparent direction, there is a severe image problem that prevents players from wanting to come to the Angels, and the people who are in a position to change it are either oblivious to it or they are totally indifferent. There is penny pinching in areas that could actually help, and nothing seems to be changing.

3FE8F1A7-8B8E-4185-97BC-1565C4706122.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

However I could totally see him not spending as a sign of him selling the team this year. 

I have a feeling we are going to see the "Arte is going to sell" narrative all year long (or some variation of that). However, I believe that's just wishful thinking.

16 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I have a feeling we are going to see the "Arte is going to sell" narrative all year long (or some variation of that). However, I believe that's just wishful thinking.

All year long?  No, we will be hearing this for the full remainder of Arte’s ownership.  He decided to sell once, changed his mind, he is 111 years old and there is no family succession plan.

There is no way that “Arte might be selling soon” isn’t a consistent story from this point forward.

On 12/22/2023 at 12:02 AM, Stradling said:

The Dodgers are taking on a lot of risk with these signings but because it’s the Dodgers it will work out for them.  If the Angels went into the season with Yamamoto who hasn’t throw a pitch in the majors, a guy who’s made 21 starts once in his career, two guys who are coming off of their second TJ surgery and a rookie, we’d be skeptical as fuck. 

Agree Strad.  I hope it blows up spectacularly. 

On 12/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This franchise has no apparent direction, there is a severe image problem that prevents players from wanting to come to the Angels, and the people who are in a position to change it are either oblivious to it or they are totally indifferent. There is penny pinching in areas that could actually help, and nothing seems to be changing.

This sums it up quite well. 

One quick stupid example of this I can't get over is the insistence on not having our TV commentators travel. It just seems absurdly cheap, tacky, and gives more ammo to all our haters who already have plenty.

Get with the effing program Arte, but since we all know you won't, give it up to someone who will. 

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

This sums it up quite well. 

One quick stupid example of this I can't get over is the insistence on not having our TV commentators travel. It just seems absurdly cheap, tacky, and gives more ammo to all our haters who already have plenty.

Get with the effing program Arte, but since we all know you won't, give it up to someone who will. 

TV folks didn't travel for a while during the pandemic, but they do now.  The radio guys don't travel.  Is that what you're thinking of?