• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Ohtani Goes Elsewhere

Stradling

Yamamoto - 10/300

Bauer - 1/25 with club option for 2025

Flaherty/Lugo - 3/45 or Wacha for 3/35

Trade Sandoval for MLB ready position player and lower level arms

Couple more budget pen arms

If we can exceed the tax, bring in JD Martinez, Hoskins, or Soler - 2/40

If we can’t exceed the tax, stick with our current hitters, or trade Drury and bring in Martinez or Hoskins.  Maybe you get the Renfroe return for Drury and save the money.  With Fletcher gone, Rendon on the roster and Neto getting nicked up we probably need to keep Drury.  Maybe you can stretch 100 games out of Rendon if he DHs most of the time.

Renigfo, Moniak, Adell, Schanuel, Neto and O’Hoppe need to be in there regularly so we get some answers.  If those guys move forward, we are in good shape for the 2025 to 2028.  

6 hours ago, 3pitchwalk said:

cause the dude forgot how to hit for 3 straight years before last year and he's only ever had 1 elite season in his career. 8/200 for that would be like hamiltons deal where a lot of people knew itd be bad from the get go.

You look at hit batted ball data from last year and it screams fluke.  Career lows in a lot of predictive areas.

I don't think they have a shot at YY, try to get him anyway but with that in mind ...

Guys I'd at least check in on...

Snell

Montgomery

Lee 

Gurriel Jr.

Pederson

Yariel Rodriguez

Hicks

Matsui, but his FB is really weak by MLB standards.

I'd also see if Tyler Mahle would do one of those "we will pay you this year to rehab and we get you cheap next season", deals.  Put a ton of incentives in year two if need be.  

they could easily get a few of these guys, hopefully they aren't still in "for the right guy" mode.

On 12/8/2023 at 7:04 AM, Stradling said:

I’d welcome Bellinger at the right price. Something around 8 years and $200 million.  He would immediately be our best defensive outfielder and first baseman.  He would be the left handed power replacement for Ohtani if he leaves.  

i wouldn't touch bellinger at any price. he's the epitome of hot one season cold the next. no idea what you're going to get from him. that's not what this team needs.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

i wouldn't touch bellinger at any price. he's the epitome of hot one season cold the next. no idea what you're going to get from him. that's not what this team needs.

I'd say there's at least an 80% chance that the Angels sign Bellinger.  They're looking for a distraction from the Shohei disaster, and need a well known player.  Bellinger fits the bill entirely, plus he used to be a Dodger, so the narcissist a-hole owner will feel some sort of vindication at getting a form of retribution, in his own deluded mind, for getting someone who was a player beloved by Dodger fans.

On 12/10/2023 at 12:25 AM, Inside Pitch said:

I don't think they have a shot at YY, try to get him anyway but with that in mind ...

Guys I'd at least check in on...

Snell

Montgomery

Lee 

Gurriel Jr.

Pederson

Yariel Rodriguez

Hicks

Matsui, but his FB is really weak by MLB standards.

I'd also see if Tyler Mahle would do one of those "we will pay you this year to rehab and we get you cheap next season", deals.  Put a ton of incentives in year two if need be.  

they could easily get a few of these guys, hopefully they aren't still in "for the right guy" mode.

I'd like halos make a run at Brandon Woodruff

There's no logical reason why the Angels should attempt to contend over the next few years. It's over. There's no moves out there, nothing internal that could put the Angels in a position to contend for a WC spot. They need to rip the band aid, talk to Trout and trade him to the highest bidder. They should move anyone else not under club control or approaching FA that they can.

37 minutes ago, Adam said:

There's no logical reason why the Angels should attempt to contend over the next few years. It's over. There's no moves out there, nothing internal that could put the Angels in a position to contend for a WC spot. They need to rip the band aid, talk to Trout and trade him to the highest bidder. They should move anyone else not under club control or approaching FA that they can.

But before that Moreno needs to sell the team. Then the new ownership can do the re-boot.

I think the big problem here is a few things working against each other.  

-Arte does not like to do a full rebuild 

-Arte likes to sign big names at their high point (and right after)

-Arte will spend yes, but he is cautious. He clearly wants to stay below the luxury tax.  

The result of these 3 things is we always hover around mediocrity because we take on big contracts by players who under perform , but won’t bust the budget to be competitive.  

23 hours ago, Tank said:

image.pngimage.png

There is a lot of career worst predictive data in his batted ball profile last year, what he did last year seems pretty fluky.   

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

I think the big problem here is a few things working against each other.  

-Arte does not like to do a full rebuild 

-Arte likes to sign big names at their high point (and right after)

-Arte will spend yes, but he is cautious. He clearly wants to stay below the luxury tax.  

The result of these 3 things is we always hover around mediocrity because we take on big contracts by players who under perform , but won’t bust the budget to be competitive.  

Add a 4th….He tends to react quickly and poorly when we lose out on signing a big name…Wells trade after losing out on Beltre, Rendon after missing on Cole…