• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Ohtani Goes Elsewhere

Stradling

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What’s the pivot?  

With the hiring of Washington, the team isn’t going to rebuild.  So what is the pivot? 

Is it Belinger and trade for Bieber?  

Is it all in on Yamamoto?  

Do they take on a bad contract to get an arm?  

I’d assume a trade for Shane Bieber, Sign Snell and sign a hitter like Soler or Joc

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What’s the pivot?  

With the hiring of Washington, the team isn’t going to rebuild.  So what is the pivot? 

Is it Belinger and trade for Bieber?  

Is it all in on Yamamoto?  

Do they take on a bad contract to get an arm?  

I would hope it's all in on Yamamoto!

Also I hope they stay away from Bellinger.

Beiber depends on the price. 

Invest in Yamamoto

Take a hard look at Trevor Bauer.  Thinking a 1 yr deal + club option

Sign Flaherty

Trade Sandoval for one of the Orioles MLB ready position players (Cowser, Kjerstad or Mayo) plus maybe a couple lower level arms

Sign JD Martinez, Rhys Hoskins or Soler as DH. 

Probably need another infielder for depth (obviously they would need to play 3B). Give Renigfo an everyday job from day one and see if he breaks out.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

If Arte chooses the pivot, I think it's overpaying Bellinger or Snell.

If Perry chooses the pivot, I think it's a trade for a SP + a DH signing.

I agree to both, but both of these scenarios scare me. They can't compete. 

Best chances to compete are to sign Ohtani, trade for a strong arm and maybe take a run at Yamamoto. It's not my money and i'm tired of losing. 

If Sho goes else where I wish him well he has earned it and it was his right. I like Sho but I think him going else where at the rumored price point in the best thing that could happen to the Angels Lets think Alburt Puljos deal only twice as bad money wise. I would like to see the following 

Jorge Solar 2-18

Jordan Hicks 2-20 tell him he can compete for closer roll that could increase his value 

Jack Flaherty 3-39

Frankie Montas 1-7 with option for second year at 10 mil 

Sign Brandon Woodruff while he is recoving from injury for cheep and wait him out and see if he is still above average 

Trade Sandoval and Renjifo to Tampa for Glasnow and any clean peanut they may throw in if any 

I know wishful thinking but gotta try something 

11 hours ago, Dgar24 said:

Shota Imanaga. Five years, $85MM

Jordan Hicks. Four years, $40MM

Mike Clevinger. Two years, $26MM

Justin Turner. One year, $16MM or spend more on Chapman. Rendon not gonna stay healthy let him dh back up corners.

wish list Jung Hoo Lee. Five years, $50MM. Love on base guys 25year old

Would love Jung Hoo Lee to lead off and play LF but I hear the Padres are the front runner for him. They have Kim on the club and they have a serious void in their OF with the latest Soto/Grisham trade to the Yankees. 

I like your first two selections in Imanaga and Hicks and I think Turner would be the better DH because he can play 3B/1B as well. 

I've liked Soler because of his power to replace Ohtani, but his outfield defense isn't good.