• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

1 minute ago, BaseballfanCam said:

I am elated to learn this. Washington is great! If you could let me know how to post tweets that embed properly like you did I’d appreciate it. I attempted to in the hot stove thread but it showed up as an X and Twitter irl, not showing the content of the tweet like your post here. 

If you replace the x in the URL that you pasted in with twitter, it should work. 

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’m guessing swordsman is a guy who works at the golf section at dicks sporting goods and Nevin came in one day while he was on lunch. Now he thinks they’re eskimo brothers.

It’s probably the Eskimo kisses.  

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

You weren't expecting much???????? 

You've been expecting a managerial announcement since Oct. 21.

I wasn’t expecting much from Perry’s meeting.

He’s not gonna drop the news in a scrum.

23 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Ron Washington getting his interview..

Good choice with the young infielders also. He's a teacher, grinder, hard worker and loves the game!

Still either or Washington or Buck for me.

Could Washington pull Dave Wallace away from the Braves as well to be his pitching coach here?

Do we know if Wallace is good? 

Washington would be a good place holder for a short transition period. Not a longer rebuild. 

Stability, knowledge, day to day lineup management and strategy. Integrate the younger guys with the  veterans and show them the right way to approach games and deal with frustrations. But he would also need solid coaches for teaching and making adjustments as the season goes on. 

Ideally, he could groom one of these coaches as his successor. Not sure about his  inner circle, but he must have extensive contacts. 

18 minutes ago, BaseballfanCam said:

Do we know if Wallace is good? 

Dave Wallace has worked with some of the Best pitchers in Modern Day MLB... He is the Director of Minor League Pitching with the Braves and has worked with Pedro, Hershiser, Ramon Martinez, and even Astacio when he was coming up.

Derek Lowe in Boston, and many others.

We could do a lot worse and we have with Wise.

I go to experience and older guys who have worked with many. Pitching is confidence and execution of your pitches at anytime in the count. Having worked woth many young pitchers at all levels even minor leaguers. Experience being able to look down the Analytical side and say ok this is also what works and what doesn't. But, if you want to do this then make sure it's in the spot, location and situation in the game.

Pitching is Confidence, Execution and Command.

57 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t like Haiku

What about this one:

Burgers on my screen,

In-N-Out's app, a delight,

Cravings satisfied.

Order with a tap,

No more lines or waiting,

Tech brings joy and speed.

In-N-Out's app is here,

Bite into convenience,

Savoring each bite

59 minutes ago, BaseballfanCam said:

It didn’t seem to. I tried that and it just displayed as a URL. It didn’t embed like his did.. 

Are you using an Android phone? Sometimes after I paste the link, I have to press return/enter underneath to create a new line. And then it will change the link into an embedded tweet.

22 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Swordsman has transitioned from Nevin fan boy to full time troll. The sooner some of you realize that, the sooner you can ignore most of his posts.

It’s like arguing with the original alexa. You never know what kind of incoherent disconnected gibberish you’ll get back.