• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

23 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I have no idea if these reports of “advisors” having influence with Arte are true but not letting your GM make baseball decisions is not a good way to run a baseball team, or any business….

Considering Salmon and Finley were sent into the dugout, I think it’s fair to think they have some influence with Arte.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

Considering Salmon and Finley were sent into the dugout, I think it’s fair to think they have some influence with Arte.

I get frustrated with Arte (we all do) but I don’t necessarily consider myself in the anti-Arte camp….but I have a hard time thinking this is a good way to run an organization, if it’s accurate. I’ll listen if you want to convince me otherwise….🤷🏼

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

I still think it’s going to be Buck and I still think it’ll be a joint decision. 

I would probably still bet that way but it seems a little more uncertain....doesn't mean it won't be Showalter. 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

If Buck signs with halos wonder for how many years and how much. Why bring in a veteran manager to a team with so many young players. Teams in AL Seattle, Houston and Texas so far in front of Angels in talent. 

All three of those clubs have veteran mangers over the age of 55.

21 hours ago, BTH said:

So if it’s not Buck and it’s Arte/his advisors making the call, do all signs point to Erstad?

Salmon and Finley are presumably his advisors, and they obviously played with Erstad.

I would love for it to be Erstad as I know his name has been bandied about as a potential candidate. But has anyone seen anything in print or otherwise from him saying he's even interested in the gig? 

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Giants ask permission to speak to Melvin, next day he is hired. Halos drag their feet about Buck he will end up in SD. Minasian has to get OK from Arte to do anything. 

All the reports suggest SD will hire Shildt or Flaherty.