• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2023 MLB Postseason Gameday Threads

m0nkey

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Too tired to look it up now but thought I heard Turner is batting .500 in the postseason?

I thought the Phillies were burdened with that horrible contract (according to many here).

Who?  I could see Lou saying that after Turners first half OPS which was sub .700. But who are those “many”?

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Phillies will not sweep. 

They left their bats behind on the trip to Arizona.

The Diamondbacks barely squeezed out two runs tonight in their home stadium and that game ended long before your post.

That gives them a total of 4 in three games while the Phillies have 16. Your take is a duh for it not being a sweep and more duh to think the Phillies won't out score Arizona through the series.

16 hours ago, daygloman said:

That tag on 1st with the double play, just ruined Texas' rally.

in the last week we've had a catcher's interference call when a bat grazed the small leather strap of his glove, and now a runner is called out because of a tag that nicked the batting glove in his back pocket. 

not really liking either of these calls. yes, i understand the "but it's part of the uniform" argument, but it seems this is taking things to a really weird micro level. 

Inner diamond defense.

Killing the Rangers. Seager has to get his body in front of hard hit balls not just wave his glove. I know they come at him fast, but the priority is to not let them reach the outfield. 

Duke Snider often talked about inner diamond defense years ago. And it still is critical

Especially in low scoring games. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

in the last week we've had a catcher's interference call when a bat grazed the small leather strap of his glove, and now a runner is called out because of a tag that nicked the batting glove in his back pocket. 

not really liking either of these calls. yes, i understand the "but it's part of the uniform" argument, but it seems this is taking things to a really weird micro level. 

I agree it's taking things to a micro level.

Also considering how bad "balls & strikes" are called.

56 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Both Rangers and Phillies blow a good lead in the bottom of the 8th to lose their games. The Phillies really need to keep Kimbrel in the bullpen and not call on him late in the game. 

philly needs to find a closer for next year. kimbrel is no longer that guy.