• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2023 MLB Postseason Gameday Threads

m0nkey

42 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes. But there used to be a benefit to have time off, to set your rotation, to heal from the stretch drive.  Now because this year 3 of the top 4 teams lost after the layoff, we assume it’s broken. 

I've never liked it. They should be able to adjust the schedules each round 

11 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I've never liked it. They should be able to adjust the schedules each round 

That would necessitate having neutral sites which sucks with no home field advantage and ultimately that would suck for fans of those teams. The reality is people travel to go see their team and advanced notice is kind of important. 

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Y'all would be looking at this differently if the Angels were still competing for the last wild card spot over the last 8 years. But being 3rd or worse in a five team division and 10 games out every September takes the excitement out of watching other teams in the playoffs. 

That would speak more to Angel fan bias than anything else. As Angel fans I think it's easier to speak about the format simply because we aren't invested in it.

Either way, I'm going to struggle to get excited for an Angel team that finishes 10 games out of first no matter how many welfare playoff spots they add. I watch the playoffs to see the best teams face off in a short series, not to see a forgettable also-ran like Arizona make a run at a world series.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

That would necessitate having neutral sites which sucks with no home field advantage and ultimately that would suck for fans of those teams. The reality is people travel to go see their team and advanced notice is kind of important. 

Doesn't the NBA have a flexible schedule based on when a series ends?

And the day off between home games for the MLB playoffs is also annoying.

6 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Doesn't the NBA have a flexible schedule based on when a series ends?

And the day off between home games for the MLB playoffs is also annoying.

I agree it’s annoying. I don’t know about the NBA playoff rules. I think it would be even harder in the NBA because often times those arenas are used for concerts. 

49 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I doubt MLB cares. Or do you know this as fact?

MLB likes to have everything scheduled out in advance. 

You may recall that the world series home field advantage was always planned out before the season started up until they moved it to the All Star game outcome. They made all these same arguments back then as well.

They can change it, they just would rather not.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:36 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Then Astros/Rangers will probably be moderately entertaining, but, again, neither has much of a national profile.

the astros are defending WS champions and have been on everyone's radar since the cheating scandal in 2017. they're also in the LCS for i think the 7th year in a row.

i don't agree with your view on this.

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

the astros are defending WS champions and have been on everyone's radar since the cheating scandal in 2017. they're also in the LCS for i think the 7th year in a row.

i don't agree with your view on this.

All of that is true, but I'm talking about a general fan of baseball who lives in, say, Ohio. I doubt they're either excited by them or dislike them enough to "hate watch" them to see them get beat. 

Here’s where I’m at with all this. I want both AL teams to lose. Since that can’t happen I think it would be funny to have Texas lose another World Series. Now in the NL I’d rather see Arizona win. That being said I think Philly has more grit and thus has a better chance of beating Texas or Houston. So I guess I’m rooting for Philly. I hate it here.