• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2023 MLB Postseason Gameday Threads

m0nkey

20 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not looking good para los doyers

It's over. Arizona has taken both games at Dodger Stadium to open the series. Going home needing one win to advance to the NLCS.

The Braves were staring at the same fate at home against the Phillies before their bats woke up and they took game 2.

Dodger bats have been no match for Arizona pitching. Dodger starters have given up crooked numbers early in both games and taken their crowd out of it. Looks bad for L.A. But you never know if Arizona's bubble will burst. Five underdog playoff wins in a row will be some accomplishment if it happens. Probably will go four. 

So strange about Kershaw's playoff numbers compared to regular season results. All time great until the playoffs come around where he's mediocre. Still an easy HOF career, but the playoff numbers will tarnish his historic reputation. I wonder if we'll see him in the post season again? His last outing was as pathetic and embarrassing as could be. For any pitcher, let alone someone like him. I'm sure he's itching for redemption, but will be have a chance? 

25 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Dodger bats have been no match for Arizona pitching. Dodger starters have given up crooked numbers early in both games and taken their crowd out of it. Looks bad for L.A. But you never know if Arizona's bubble will burst. Five underdog playoff wins in a row will be some accomplishment if it happens. Probably will go four. 

So strange about Kershaw's playoff numbers compared to regular season results. All time great until the playoffs come around where he's mediocre. Still an easy HOF career, but the playoff numbers will tarnish his historic reputation. I wonder if we'll see him in the post season again? His last outing was as pathetic and embarrassing as could be. For any pitcher, let alone someone like him. I'm sure he's itching for redemption, but will be have a chance? 

I wonder Dodgers sit for 5 days if that throws off timing for hitters. Play Saturday sit on Sunday. Betts has not been good in playoffs and his September not good. All I know 1 more Arizona win and baseball season ends on a high note. Same movie playing in L A in October CHOKESHAW.

I heard the D-Backs had only won as many as 2 games in a season in the last five seasons at Dodger Stadium. Again, that's the beauty of baseball. 

Baseball is hard. Winning is harder and winning it all is darn near impossible.  As highly touted as the Dodgers have been - they've had their fair share of post-season failures.  So much has to go right for a team to win it all.  You can have the best talent, the best ownership, the best front-office people, etc. and none of it is a guarantee for success.

28 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Chavez Latriners rotation is in shatters.  Bullpen is likely on fumes after pitching 16 innings over the past 2 days.

Plus Betts mostly disappeared after August 31 (.718 OPS, but only .326 SLG%).

Bullpen had 5 days off, pitched Saturday off Sunday pitched Monday off Tuesday.