• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: What do the Angels need to add to their roster for 2024?

This team needs a new direction. Signing another SP or 5 to 6 BP pieces 2 OF a 3B not going to happen. This team is far from being a playoff team. Will hear same old BS from Perry and Arte about wanting to win next year. How a healthy Trout and Rendon will solve many problems and how they are going to make big offer to Ohtani. How with new manager will change things, it will be same old BS.

19 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

This team needs a new direction. Signing another SP or 5 to 6 BP pieces 2 OF a 3B not going to happen. This team is far from being a playoff team. Will hear same old BS from Perry and Arte about wanting to win next year. How a healthy Trout and Rendon will solve many problems and how they are going to make big offer to Ohtani. How with new manager will change things, it will be same old BS.

Much like your posts. 

3 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

They need a miracle. 
The rotation will consist of a lot of solid #3 and #4 guys so they need help there. 

They also have a AAA lineup still with either injuries or no consistency

Signing Ohtani would be fun, but it gets you exactly what you had this year. One star player with a revolving door at every other position. 

This is harsh.  

I can honestly say that with health there isn’t a non major league position player as a starter.  We don’t even need to be 100% healthy for there to be a major leaguer at each offensive position.  

O’Hoppe

Schanuel

Drury

Neto

Rengifo/Rendon

Ward

Trout

Moniak

Adell 

Those are all major leaguers.  

Also signing Ohtani doesn’t give you exactly what you had this year, because young players develop.  We have more young players than older players.  We at most will have 3 every day starters over the age of 30 in Drury, Trout and Rendon.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is harsh.  

I can honestly say that with health there isn’t a non major league position player as a starter.  We don’t even need to be 100% healthy for there to be a major leaguer at each offensive position.  

O’Hoppe

Schanuel

Drury

Neto

Rengifo/Rendon

Ward

Trout

Moniak

Adell 

Those are all major leaguers.  

Also signing Ohtani doesn’t give you exactly what you had this year, because young players develop.  We have more young players than older players.  We at most will have 3 every day starters over the age of 30 in Drury, Trout and Rendon.  

Replacements for Trout and Rendon will be under 30

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Go away.

I've been a fan since December 1960 I'm not going away. I look at numbers of games played last 3 years of Trout and Rendon they do not lie. Dream on if you and Perry are counting on those 2 in 2024 to be the difference. Eight losing seasons and what will change in 2024?

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I've been a fan since December 1960 I'm not going away. I look at numbers of games played last 3 years of Trout and Rendon they do not lie. Dream on if you and Perry are counting on those 2 in 2024 to be the difference. Eight losing seasons and what will change in 2024?

You're either bizarre in your takes or you're intensely negative. Or positive for weird reasons. I'm just tired of your posts. 

I saw a social media post by the Reds the last week of the season pointing out that they had the most come from behind wins in MLB at that point. I was thinking how I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Angels had the most come from ahead losses this season. At least through the end of July at least. I don't know if I've ever seen an Angels team that had starting pitchers that were worse at holding leads, and offensive players that were almost incapable of adding insurance runs through productive outs. I don't know how you fix the pitching part of that. As far as offensively, they have too many players in the lineup that are trying to hit 450 foot home runs on every pitch no matter what the game situation is, or the count. I don't know if that's an organizational philosophy, or just having too may hitters with low baseball IQ's.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Do they try to sign someone like Sonny Gray?

Two solid years with the Twins, although also age 34 in 2024

He keeps the ball in the park and generates outs.  I wish I could tell you his stuff would hold up and he'll continue to do what he's done, but he's been as good as ever since leaving the Yankees after the 2018 season.

Dude isn't flashy, but he's about as consistent as they come and he's survived pitching in Cinci and with a bad Twins defense behind him in 2022.

If he has a red flag it's that his FB is already below average -- but the results he gets with it are top tier.

image.png

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Do they try to sign someone like Sonny Gray?

Two solid years with the Twins, although also age 34 in 2024

Gray should certainly be one of their targets. He's been very consistent, and he's pitched extremely well at the Big A in his career. 0.913 WHIP and .443 OPS against. I think he's one of those guys that's going to get more money than he usually would due to the fact that it's a year where there's not a lot of quality free agents in this year's class.

4 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Gray should certainly be one of their targets. He's been very consistent, and he's pitched extremely well at the Big A in his career. 0.913 WHIP and .443 OPS against. I think he's one of those guys that's going to get more money than he usually would due to the fact that it's a year where there's not a lot of quality free agents in this year's class.

He didn't hurt himself any shutting out the Jays today.