• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Looking forward to Sunday... Weaver vs. Lackey

T.G.

So it's normal for a 35 year old pitcher coming off a Tommy John surgery to somehow gain 3 mph on his fastball from his prime?

Clearly you haven't been around the other John Lackey threads or you would see the joke in my one word statement. I wasn't responding to your statement.

I get it cause he looks like a horse.

This is why I almost NEVER contribute jokes about players because it either a) just doesn't seem right to me, b ) it is not obvious to some that it is a joke, or c) it just fails to produce laughter.

I'll go back to what I do better now, please disregard.

Lackey is on PED or something.

He has been throwing 94 to 95 on his fastball this year and he never threw that fast while he was in his prime with the Angels.

He did.  In fact, after looking it up, Lackey's velocity has been insanely consistent over the years.  Every year since 2007, he shows an avg of 91.1-91.6, and topping out at 95.2-96.    This year?   91.4/95.5.  

This is why I almost NEVER contribute jokes about players because it either a) just doesn't seem right to me, b ) it is not obvious to some that it is a joke, or c) it just fails to produce laughter.

I'll go back to what I do better now, please disregard.

Why the long face?