• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (9/11/23): Angels @ Mariners: Detmers on the mound, Neto & Schanuel back in the lineup, Ohtani scratched

jsnpritchett

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (9/11/23): Angels @ Mariners: Detmers on the mound, Neto & Schanuel back in the lineup, Ohtani scratched
2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Seems like they just put Ohtani in the lineup because they wanted him to be healthy, not because he actually was healthy.

Ha.  Does kinda seem that way!

I'm honestly a little confused by the whole situation at this point.  Does he want to play, just because he "loves baseball," as we've heard before?  Or because he wants to set the Angels HR record and/or get to 50 HR?  I don't get it.  Nothing he could possibly do between now and the end of the season is going to truly improve his legacy or add anything to his free agent deal.  I really don't think one single person will think more of him if he ends up with 48+ HR this year rather than his current 44, or 25 SB instead of 20, etc. 

Maybe the Angels sell a few more tickets to home games if he plays, but who cares?  The impact would be minimal.

I cannot imagine that any of his current teammates (or potential future teammates) would think less of him at all for shutting it down now and getting whatever "procedure" he's eventually going to have.  As a fan, I certainly wouldn't think less of him.

1 hour ago, Halo in Chicago said:

18 game win streak here we go!

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

With a sweep of the mariners we're one step close to the wildcard! 18-0 from here til the end of the season.

Is it too late to buy season tix for the rest of the home games?

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just freaking shut it down.

This has been going on for a week now!

Stop being in denial, because it doesn’t seem like he’s improving that much.

Also just seems like a situation where there's a good chance he'd re-injure it if he did come back, given how violent some of his swings can be.