• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

George Kirby is a big baby

Chuck

This is why I wanted Weave and Lackey in the dugout instead of Fin and Salmon. And I love all 4.

But no past players(s) are going to spark some last second skill out of this (or any ballclub). But at least with Weave and Lackey we could have seen some dugout fights.

I'm kind of a "best of both worlds" guy. Boomer work ethic is kind of outdated and inhumane and generally just serves corporate overlord profit margins, but...younger folk ARE kinda pussies. Too bad we can't find a balance.

I work with a younger millenial (29, I think) who takes frequent "mental health days." Being a Gen Xer, I guess I have the older work ethic instilled so I feel guilty about doing that...or maybe it is just realizing that i make life harder for my co-workers if I skip out, so only call in sick if I'm actually sick. 

But I can't help but feel that Kirby's attitude is very...Millenial (or Zennial). I think that's fine in many industries, but baseball? Sorry, sports are and should be more militaristic. Man up, you little bitch. Earn your millions. But more to the point: His attitude is very disempowering for him. You've got to believe in yourself, and want the ball in your hand, and feel that you are the best guy for the job. If you don't, you've got problems.

Edited by Angelsjunky

20 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm kind of a "best of both worlds" guy. Boomer work ethic is kind of outdated and inhumane and generally just serves corporate overlord profit margins, but...younger folk ARE kinda pussies. Too bad we can't find a balance.

You are being too modest.  I think you definitely found a balance when you decided to be unemployed for like 10 years.  THAT is the way to go.  Living the dream!

I think I figured out why @Taylor is always so chipper when we bust his balls (besides the SSRIs).  It’s because someday he’s going to be the trailblazer of “hetero” male incompetence and femininity which will be embraced by the upcoming generation.  He knows he just has to wait for everyone over 40 to die and then he’s going to be a God.

I mean, if his wife lets him.  Obviously.

27 minutes ago, cals said:

I think I figured out why @Taylor is always so chipper when we bust his balls (besides the SSRIs).  It’s because someday he’s going to be the trailblazer of “hetero” male incompetence and femininity which will be embraced by the upcoming generation.  He knows he just has to wait for everyone over 40 to die and then he’s going to be a God.

I mean, if his wife lets him.  Obviously.

You have an unnatural obsession with Taylor. Like something is missing in your life so you keep projecting it on him in multiple threads. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

You have an unnatural obsession with Taylor. Like something is missing in your life so you keep projecting it on him in multiple threads. 

And yet, here YOU are again, harassing me and inserting yourself into a discussion I’m politely participating in just so you can insult me.  Obsess and project much?