• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 NFL season thread

Tank

6 hours ago, katie said:

I’m pissed sorry. 

You can blame Josh Allen for that. He pretty much single-handedly lost the game for the Bills. What an atrocious performance. He seems to either perform at a high level of greatness or just godawful, with not much in-between. He really needs to cut down on some of the higher risk passes he makes.

Allen tries to do too much and if he keeps running as much as he has it’s eventually going to backfire. Rodgers career could be over as it’s hard enough for any player to come back from a torn Achilles let alone a 39 year old. Pretty interesting first week as a lot of offenses were pretty quiet. KC, Buffalo and Cincy all lost. San Fran looked real good granted it was against Pitt. Denver offense is still shit and they lost by 1 after the kicker Payton brought in missed a FG and PAT. Chargers ran the ball well but all the hype was about how Moore would open up their passing game which wasn’t the case week 1 and Ekeler is dealing with an injury. Dallas defense carried them to a win curious to see how they do when the offense needs to produce.  Philly started off strong then barely pulled off the win while their offense didn’t really get going. Minnesota has Kirk Cousins still, enough said. Hope Thursday’s Philly/Minn game doesn’t disappoint. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

as a long time angels fan, you ought to be used to this kind of disappointment.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If she's been a bills fan long enough she's definitely used to it. 

This is the first Bills game without my dad. He was a lifelong, hardcore Bills fan. Yesterday marked 2 months since he’d passed. Grief made me feel like it was personal. Like, why weren’t they doing it for him? This season is going to be really hard. 

52 minutes ago, katie said:

This is the first Bills game without my dad. He was a lifelong, hardcore Bills fan. Yesterday marked 2 months since he’d passed. Grief made me feel like it was personal. Like, why weren’t they doing it for him? This season is going to be really hard. 

that's a reasonable thing to feel. i'm sorry you're going through this. 

i hope the rest of the season goes better for you (and them). 

On 9/12/2023 at 5:06 PM, katie said:

thank you for kicking the crap out of the raiders today.

When you trade so many of your picks the last few years notably multiple first rounders for a past his prime QB then a coach it’s hard to field a good team.  In the NFL you have to hit on draft picks to compete. Payton criticized Hackett saying he put together one of the worst coaching jobs last season so I’m real curious what he thinks about his job so far this year. If they don’t beat both Chicago and the jets the next two weeks they’ll be in the running for the top pick in the 2024 draft. Even if they do they look like they should end up with a top 5 pick. 

Always nice seeing Dallas remind everyone they’re Dallas. They’ll probably still make the playoffs then crap the bed as in an entertaining fashion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 10:20 PM, Tank said:

i believe president nixon designed a play for a super bowl one year, maybe the jets v. colts game.

There were a couple of times when he tried to get involved. He suggested a play for the Miami Dolphins when they played Dallas in 1972. It wasn't used. There was also an ongoing story that he had called a play for the Washington Redskins in the 1971 playoffs against San Francisco. Nixon's play was not in the Redskins' playbook.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 10/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

There were a couple of times when he tried to get involved. He suggested a play for the Miami Dolphins when they played Dallas in 1972. It wasn't used. There was also an ongoing story that he had called a play for the Washington Redskins in the 1971 playoffs against San Francisco. Nixon's play was not in the Redskins' playbook.

It is a little known fact that the 18 1/2 minute gap in the Nixon tapes is Nixon telling Haldeman about a sure fire touchdown play he was working on for the Washington Redskins 1973 opening day game against the San Diego Chargers.   The information had to be erased to prevent it from falling into the Chargers hands.