• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 NFL season thread

Tank

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They tried to put lipstick on the pig by saying that it was the most viewed streaming event ever. No mention of how many millions were prevented from viewing it. I see this as a prelude to the NFL trying to further monetize the playoffs.

It was a 100 million dollar dick move by the NFL.  Countless people couldn’t and didn’t watch the game because, like my father in law, doesn’t have WiFi in his house, or other simply didn’t because of principle.  NBC and the NFL should be embarrassed 

On 1/14/2024 at 11:47 AM, Slegnaac said:

Ya, I got Peacock for the winter Olympics and never canceled it.

they're running a special of $29.99 for a year of peacock right now. leaning heavily towards signing up specifically for the summer olympics (since for the first time i won't have work to worry about and can watch the whole darn thing). 

On 1/15/2024 at 2:05 PM, Blarg said:

They felt no embarrassment because they claimed 20 million viewership on Peacock. The World Series averaged 9 million per game.

I find it difficult to believe that 20 million watched the game on Peacock. The network claimed to have 28 million subscribers at the end of Q3 2023. This means that about 75 percent of them had to be watching the playoff game for their claims to be accurate. I don't buy it.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

two relatively easy field goals cost both the bills and packers. those are tough to watch, though i'm pretty sure they're a lot tougher to go through if you're the kicker or a teammate.

• 2 weeks later...

A good friend of mine has two tickets for the 2024 Suoer Bowl, 50 yard line box seats.  He paid $8,000 each but didn't realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding.  If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place....It is St. Michael's Church at 3 PM.  The bride's name is Sheila. She's 5'4", about 115 lbs., good cook too.  She will be the one in the white dress.

A story on the three remaining members of the Never Miss a Super Bowl Club. They have attended every Super Bowl since the first one in 1967. They will be at Allegiant Stadium tomorrow.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/football/super-bowl/meet-the-3-octogenarians-who-have-never-missed-a-super-bowl-2997804/?fbclid=IwAR2oXRDDVpjVh4JqQ00D2l55irZWWww6zk078NXoopx7L0IOZRyTOkaHvyw

There’s been arguably three better in the last decade one of which most would agree is one of if not the greatest ever when NE beat Seattle. Tonight the first 3 quarters were pretty boring but the 4th and OT made up for it. As a Broncos fan I didn’t want KC to win but I give them props for gutting it out and getting the job done. They did what San Fran couldn’t in OT getting into the end zone. A few months back I don’t think any outside of their own fans thought they’d make it to the Super Bowl let alone win it. 

the 4th quarter had a good amount of drama in it. the niners kicker must feel awful for having his extra point blocked. not sure if he could have kicked it any differently, but that changed the outcome and KC was able to tie it up and force OT.

When the Chiefs scored the game-winner, i was really surprised the receiver didn't hang on to the ball. that would have been a nice souvenir to hang onto. 

glad the chiefs won. all the whiny niner fans in my FB feed are wonderfully quiet today.