• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 NFL season thread

Tank

5 hours ago, St1ck said:

That's just what you get with Josh Allen. He's also has 40 plus combined tds each of the last 4 years. 

Yeah I suppose @St1ck.  I don’t follow them very often, and I will give him credit.  Thanks to a great 96 yard punt return, that sparked the Bills and Josh Allen made a great run on a 3rd and 13 to make a critical first down.

He does throw a ton of TD’s, but it seems every time I DO watch the Bills, Allen seems to do some bone headed things (especially in the Red Zone) that jeopardizes the game.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Yeah I suppose @St1ck.  I don’t follow them very often, and I will give him credit.  Thanks to a great 96 yard punt return, that sparked the Bills and Josh Allen made a great run on a 3rd and 13 to make a critical first down.

He does throw a ton of TD’s, but it seems every time I DO watch the Bills, Allen seems to do some bone headed things (especially in the Red Zone) that jeopardizes the game.

If you don't love Josh Allen at his worst you don't deserve to love Josh Allen at his best.

The Bills won their last 5 games including wins over Dallas and KC to not just make the playoffs but win the AFC East and take the 2 seed. As of week 12 if anyone bet on them pulling that off they got paid. Allen is prone to making bad choices but he’s also one of about 5 QBs most would agree they’d want with the game on the line. Buffalo’s offense goes stagnant at times but they also have the ability to put up points about as quickly as any other team. They’re peaking at the right time and rightfully the third favorite heading into the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The Bills won their last 5 games including wins over Dallas and KC to not just make the playoffs but win the AFC East and take the 2 seed. As of week 12 if anyone bet on them pulling that off they got paid. Allen is prone to making bad choices but he’s also one of about 5 QBs most would agree they’d want with the game on the line. Buffalo’s offense goes stagnant at times but they also have the ability to put up points about as quickly as any other team. They’re peaking at the right time and rightfully the third favorite heading into the playoffs. 

Pretty crazy to start the day not knowing if they are going to make the playoffs to ending the day with the 2 seed. 

On 1/8/2024 at 5:19 PM, St1ck said:

Pretty crazy to start the day not knowing if they are going to make the playoffs to ending the day with the 2 seed. 

Miami is overrated.  Losing at home to Tennessee in week 14 was the final proof.

On 1/7/2024 at 7:34 PM, PattyD22 said:

I’m not sure how pundits continue to spew about how great Josh Allen is.  The guy is a fucking turnover machine.  He continuously forces throws into coverage, and when he does attempt to step up into the pocket, he gets the ball stripped more times than I can count.

He has his moments, but every time the Bills need him to win a big game, he disappears.  He’s dogshit under pressure.

I seem to remember an AFC playoff game in Kansas City when he drove them down for a go ahead touchdown in the closing seconds. Unfortunately they left too much time on the clock and the Chiefs tied before winning in OT.

He is a high risk/high reward type of quarterback. He makes plays that most can't make, but he also creates maddening turnovers. I have heard some of the same criticisms leveled at Lamar Jackson.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 1/8/2024 at 5:19 PM, St1ck said:

My resting heart rate last weekend was through the roof

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

NBC and the NFL are fucking up putting tonight's game on Peacock. I doubt anyone is signing up to watch one game but many are going to be pissed off. 

Ya, I got Peacock for the winter Olympics and never canceled it.

If you lived in the Miami or Kansas City areas, the local NBC affiliate carried the game.

there have been rumors for a while now about putting the super bowl on pay-per-view. it's been roundly rejected by pretty much everyone. i think putting the game on peacock last night was a trial balloon to see how football fans would react to it a PPV type of deal.

i hope the ratings for it sucked swamp water. 

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Ya, I got Peacock for the winter Olympics and never canceled it.

If you lived in the Miami or Kansas City areas, the local NBC affiliate carried the game.

Way to target the smallest demographic they could find. 

On 1/13/2024 at 4:37 PM, Blarg said:

NBC and the NFL are fucking up putting tonight's game on Peacock. I doubt anyone is signing up to watch one game but many are going to be pissed off. 

They tried to put lipstick on the pig by saying that it was the most viewed streaming event ever. No mention of how many millions were prevented from viewing it. I see this as a prelude to the NFL trying to further monetize the playoffs.

The cigar lounge that I hit on weekends said that they were told that they would have to pay $3K in order to carry the game. Needless to say, they passed.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan