• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout expects to ‘have conversations’ with Angels management about the organization’s future

AngelsWin.com

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

A business that wins baseball games and rings, or a business that multiplies its worth 10 fold in 20 years? 

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Paying Trout and/or Othani hundreds of millions of dollars over the next few years is not going to come close to resulting in the Braves being worth 10X what they're worth today.  I'm not entirely sure if all of this is just a bit you're doing or if you actually believe it, but you don't really seem to understand how the Braves work and why they've been successful for the majority of the past 30 years or so.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I love Mike Trout, but he’s literally only worth his current contract on this team as a legacy player. The risk to assume his contract is WAY too much for any team to consider. 

Agreed, but he's also the type of player who if, behind the scenes of course, he decides he really, really wants out, the two teams will find a way to facilitate it.

Obviously there are wildly different circumstances, but supposedly untradeable players are traded still. ARod, Hamilton, even Wells, trades like Matt Harrison, Hector Olivera.

We know ol Mike's a multi-millionaire,
The haters all said "Mike move away from there"
Said "Atlanta Houston is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up his trucks and he moved to Philly. 

Pennsylvania that is.

Cheese steaks

Eagles games

Edited by Slegnaac

3 hours ago, AngelsWin.com said:

There are going to be some conversations in the winter, for sure. Just to see the direction of everything and what the plan is.”

He’s gonna talk with upper management, hear that they plan to go for it in 2024, and he won’t get traded.

I’d be stunned if he asks for a trade or gets trades.

If there’s one thing we know about Arte, it’s that he hates rebuilds.

IMO, this stinks of 2001.  75-87 in 2001.  99-63 in 2002, with only cosmetic changes.  

We have Trout.  We've added Neto, Schanuel, and O'hoppe, who are gaining experience.

The Angels will need to add two starters, to replace Ohtani.  Not because he's leaving, but because he won't be able to pitch for anyone until 2025.  

As for the complimentary players, I expect Drury and Moose to return, along with Moniak, Ward, and Adell. 

Like I said, there are some similarities between 2001 and 2023, I didn't think that one team could have so much go wrong, but this one did.

And I didn't even include Rendon in the picture.  If, by some miracle, we get anything out of him, it would have to count as a positive, right?

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I dunno, I could see Dombrowski and the Phils *almost* happily taking on Trout and at the very least a portion of his contract, and Trout being happy to be there. 

Take some cursory money back (Castellanos or Schwarber, which helps their logjam a bit at DH/OF), maybe someone like Rojas or Pache and a couple other fringy prospects and it wouldn't totally shock me. 

I think the Angels would have to pay or take back more money than that….I could see a trade with the Yankees, centered around Stanton and Trout….Trout is owed more money but Stanton is owed a ton too…Trout would have to ask and I assume Stanton has a no trade so probably not feasible….Yanks take on Trout’s deal and send a good prospect too…Angels stuck with Stanton’s deal but some financial room….

Sure, trade Trout. Eat a bunch of money and restock the farm as much as possible. It’s far past the time to bulldoze this pathetic shack down to the stubs and start over. Not that I believe the current regime has the capability of building it up again, though. That would require an Arte-less future which right now looks about as hopeful as the PAC 12’s does.

1 hour ago, cals said:

Nobody is going to trade for Trout.

Yeah, I agree. Mike likes - no loves - living in Newport Beach and  doesn't want to be traded away from his $9 million dollar home. It's really that simple. Yeah, I know that he wants to win. I mean he's got to say that and all but the real question is, 'How much'? 

And that's the rub. Unfortunately, from what I've seen over the past several years he's not all that upset with the Angels losing ways ....at least no where near as upset as he would be if he was traded away and had to go somewhere else and leave his palatial estate in Newport.

Nope, my fellow Angels' sufferers Mr. Trout ain't going anywhere anytime soon. He'll just continue with the Angels, get injured and rehab on the beach while he smokes some brisket and chicken wings on the BBQ.

Surfs up!!

~ArkyAngelsFan~