• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout expects to ‘have conversations’ with Angels management about the organization’s future

AngelsWin.com

I find it hilarious that this has been blown out of proportion to the level that it has.

Trout speaks in cliches. He always has. His "have conversations" with the angels about the future doesn't mean squat. To someone who doesn't know how Trout speaks in interviews maybe I could see how it could be misinterpreted.

Trout has seemingly always been in the loop about what the plan is. He's a bit of an ambassador for the club (kind of like how he recruited Ohtani back in '18). So this shouldn't come as any kind of surprise.

20 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I find it hilarious that this has been blown out of proportion to the level that it has.

Trout speaks in cliches. He always has. His "have conversations" with the angels about the future doesn't mean squat. To someone who doesn't know how Trout speaks in interviews maybe I could see how it could be misinterpreted.

Trout has seemingly always been in the loop about what the plan is. He's a bit of an ambassador for the club (kind of like how he recruited Ohtani back in '18). So this shouldn't come as any kind of surprise.

Didnt Trout say "they speak every year in the off season"?

Trout is a problem.

I know, I know. Let me explain.

He's tied to us for what, 7 more years? And while I don't know what's going through his head, one can only assume he would not support any form of rebuild. Even a "soft" rebuild. So the Angels have their hands tied here. They have to keep "trying" to compete. And so I see several more years of this same bullshit.

Tell me how it gets better. How does this organization get Trout what he wants? 

I feel like they may need to bank on him having a comeback year in 2024 and then trade him if he allows it. I don't want this. But I just don't see how we can win doing the same thing we've been doing every year for the last decade. Something about insanity, etc...

On 9/2/2023 at 1:27 PM, CaliAngel said:

If Trout's bailing, this organization is in serious trouble. 

Would not blame him if he and Shohei went to Atlanta at this point. You know they're talking. 

That ball club wins, and knows how to play baseball.

Hilarious watching them toy with the Stankees. 

The Braves have no use for Trout. He is too expensive to be a DH, and they already have the best CF in baseball.

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Trout is a problem.

I know, I know. Let me explain.

He's tied to us for what, 7 more years? And while I don't know what's going through his head, one can only assume he would not support any form of rebuild. Even a "soft" rebuild. So the Angels have their hands tied here. They have to keep "trying" to compete. And so I see several more years of this same bullshit.

Tell me how it gets better. How does this organization get Trout what he wants? 

I feel like they may need to bank on him having a comeback year in 2024 and then trade him if he allows it. I don't want this. But I just don't see how we can win doing the same thing we've been doing every year for the last decade. Something about insanity, etc...

Trout is not a problem. 

Trout was the best player on the planet for 8+ years. His best years are clearly behind him. As I’ve mentioned in another post, ‘winning’ is just not something he brings to his game. For being the game’s premier player, he is and will be financially rewarded to the point that his grandchildren will be set. Like it or not, Trout and this organization are tied together as no team will take on that contract. Lord, is there a more effed-up situation in all of sports?

3 minutes ago, 79CAAman said:

Trout was the best player on the planet for 8+ years. His best years are clearly behind him. As I’ve mentioned in another post, ‘winning’ is just not something he brings to his game. For being the game’s premier player, he is and will be financially rewarded to the point that his grandchildren will be set. Like it or not, Trout and this organization are tied together as no team will take on that contract. Lord, is there a more effed-up situation in all of sports?

“Winning is not something he brings to his game”

Sometimes I hate this place.