• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Bullpen, Last 30 days

markb

Downs - 8 IP, 0.00 ERA, 0.75 WHIP

De La Rosa - 11.1 IP, 0.79 ERA, 0.71 WHIP

Kohn - 8 IP, 1.13 ERA, 1.00 WHIP

Frieri - 13 IP, 2.77 ERA, 0.92 WHIP

Jepsen - 13.1 IP, 3.38 ERA, 1.35 WHIP

Richards - 12.1 IP, 5.84 ERA, 1.62 WHIP

Overall, they've been really good the last month, with the Pirates game being the only memorable hiccup.  And let's be honest - Shuck didn't do them any favors in that game.  As ineffective as Jepsen has felt at times, even his numbers aren't all that terrible, and I personally still feel like he can be effective for us.  Maybe I'm just an idiot.  But it's hard to accept that a guy with a 97 mph fastball and a ridiculously good 92 mph cutter can't have sustained success.  

Richards is the obvious outlier here.  I really don't think the bullpen is right for him at this point.  If he's going to have any value, it's going to be as a starter.  

Downs - 8 IP, 0.00 ERA, 0.75 WHIP

De La Rosa - 11.1 IP, 0.79 ERA, 0.71 WHIP

Kohn - 8 IP, 1.13 ERA, 1.00 WHIP

Frieri - 13 IP, 2.77 ERA, 0.92 WHIP

Jepsen - 13.1 IP, 3.38 ERA, 1.35 WHIP

Richards - 12.1 IP, 5.84 ERA, 1.62 WHIP

Overall, they've been really good the last month, with the Pirates game being the only memorable hiccup.  And let's be honest - Shuck didn't do them any favors in that game.  As ineffective as Jepsen has felt at times, even his numbers aren't all that terrible, and I personally still feel like he can be effective for us.  Maybe I'm just an idiot.  But it's hard to accept that a guy with a 97 mph fastball and a ridiculously good 92 mph cutter can't have sustained success.  

Richards is the obvious outlier here.  I really don't think the bullpen is right for him at this point.  If he's going to have any value, it's going to be as a starter.  

Loving it. 

I'm seriously digging De La Rosa and Kohn especially. These two have been incredible and CLUTCH in tough spots.

Downs has been a ton better as well.

Frieri still worries me though, but there's a lot worse closers out there.

One has to wonder if DDLR keeps pitching this way, if he can become our future closer. He has a knockout fastball and breaking ball.

Loving it. 

I'm seriously digging De La Rosa and Kohn especially. These two have been incredible and CLUTCH in tough spots.

Downs has been a ton better as well.

Frieri still worries me though, but there's a lot worse closers out there.

One has to wonder if DDLR keeps pitching this way, if he can become our future closer. He has a knockout fastball and breaking ball.

I nearly turned my fruit of the looms into a fudge factory when Kohn struck out Miguel Cabrera a few games ago. That was one of the most impressive things I've seen from a Halos reliever in quite a while. Although, Downs getting out of the bases loaded-nobody out situation in the top of the 8th tonight was pretty impressive too.