• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apologies to Perry

Torridd

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

No he didn't. He got a 4 year deal with Arizona worth $71 million where he only pitched 9 games the first year and was DFA'ed this season after only 4 starts. 

what are you talking about?

he got a 5 year, $85M deal with Arizona. That's just a fact.

yeah, he was awful and got released. that doesn't change the fact that he got 5/$85M, which is two years and $160M less than Rendon got.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Bumgarner has been a bum. 

Rendon with Trout and Ohtani was supposed to be one of the best 1-2-3 punches in all of baseball if Rendon carried his 2019 season of performances forward and he stayed on the field. 

Before Cole they offered Zach Wheeler more money but he elected to play for the Phillies because his wife wanted to be close to home.

Yes, I know Bumgarner was awful and I know why they didn't sign Wheeler.

your assertion was that it wasn't Arte's fault that he signed Rendon, when it in fact was his fault.

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Arte likes Nevin.  Your take is vindictive and awful.  Looking for a scape goat?   There is none.   Looking for a reason?  It's right in front of you and has been illustrated in multiple places on this forum. 

While it may be true that Arte LIKES Nevin...it can be argued that he LOVED Joe. So much so that he fired Aumus and ate the 2 years he still had remaining on his contract. Also...regarding scapegoating....yes, if the Angels fall out of contention/the organization fails to resign Ohtani...Nevin will likely be the fall-guy in Arte's attempt to deflect blame/to save face. Besides...he was only given a 1-year deal for continuity/a bridge to a new owner/group so there was that too.

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

what are you talking about?

he got a 5 year, $85M deal with Arizona. That's just a fact.

yeah, he was awful and got released. that doesn't change the fact that he got 5/$85M, which is two years and $160M less than Rendon got.

Are you insane enough to think that is improving the Angels in any way? Your entire line of thought is plain screwed up.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Are you insane enough to think that is improving the Angels in any way? Your entire line of thought is plain screwed up.

you were arguing that Bumgarner signed a 4/$71M, which is factually incorrect.

That line of thought is plain screwed up.

I was just saying that it was Arte's fault for signing Rendon. It's well documented that he pulled Boras aside and let it be known Rendon was his target.

And if Arte hadn't pushed for Rendon, they wouldn't be stuck with his albatross contract. So that would improve the Angels in some way.

16 minutes ago, khouse said:

While it may be true that Arte LIKES Nevin...it can be argued that he LOVED Joe. So much so that he fired Aumus and ate the 2 years he still had remaining on his contract. Also...regarding scapegoating....yes, if the Angels fall out of contention/the organization fails to resign Ohtani...Nevin will likely be the fall-guy in Arte's attempt to deflect blame/to save face.  

Organizing a mob to tar and feather a "scape goat" would be stupid.

The Angels were doing well prior to being decimated by injuries.  Even then, they rallied a couple times and put together some nice win streaks and were in contention at the trade deadline.  Big improvement over recent years.

Keeping continuity with the GM and manager would be a good move imo.   Perry made some savy moves, and the players support Nevin.   Lets give it another year, hopefully without this magnitude of injuries and see what they are capable of.  

IMO they are very close to being a playoff team.  No need to burn the house down.

If you’re going to pitch, you’re gonna give up some home runs.

If you’re going to hit, you’re gonna strike out.

And if you’re gonna “GM” …. You’re gonna have some injuries.

It’s “next man up” if somebody goes down.  

There’s no crying, and no excuses in Baseball.

If you’re a GM….the You gotta bring somebody up…or get your checkbook out.  Turn ‘‘em over to your coaching staff.  Maybe tell them “this is the change of scenery they’ve been looking for” 😂

Then….You gotta “coach ‘‘em up” …that’s why you have a coaching staff. 

You gotta be able to get more out of your players than any previous coach has gotten out of them.  No matter who you have on your Roster.

Can anyone say that’s happened here across the board?  If we can risk a moment of honesty, I don’t think anyone can honestly say that.

I’m sorry, but Nevin is not the miracle worker many believe him to be. 

But I’m a reasonable guy.  I’d be willing to accept apologies FROM Perry and/or Nevin.

It’s about wins.  Bottom line. This is professional sports.  We aren’t winning.  I’m getting really sick of it, too.

Aren’t you?