• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (8/3/23): Mariners @ Angels: Ohtani on the mound, no Drury

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Which is why they went all out and buying at the deadline despite having very poor playoff odds. They figure they're gonna stink if Ohtani walks and that the players they traded away weren't gonna change their fortunes much in the present or immediate future either

quero and some of the prospects that inside pitch likes and knows more about than i will probably be missed, but the real reason the angels are fucked to the bone is all the prospects that they didn't get from trading ohtani. i've heard reports that there were numerous teams very interested and some claimed juan soto like returns. i don't think the angels are going to make the playoffs because i just don't believe in their toughness and if ohtani leaves, they are so weak compared to actual contenders it's not even close. it will take a herculean effort by perry, whom i like, to completely rebuild this team, again, from year to year.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

SEVEN straight losing seasons, only team in MLB the past 7 seasons, EMBARRASSING!

I'm pretty sure they've been in the Top 10 in payroll for all of those 7 seasons. To not even have one year where the team has good health and a couple of guys not named Trout, or Ohtani, have careers years to get them to at least .500 is an absolute embarrassment. It's almost inconceivable. This entire organization is a failure and it's starts at the top. Arte and his incredibly stupid moves like signing Hamilton when he could have resigned Torii for 2 more years AND signed a couple of badly needed starting pitchers. Signing Rendon to an albatross of a deal when the team could have purchased several quality players on shorter deals for that $245,000,000 and still had money left over to invest in developing young players. At least there's no shiny object in free agency this off season to sign after Ohtani inevitably leaves. I'm sure he'll find some washed up overpaid veteran like Wells to blow another $100,000,000 on.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

It’s one game.  A little winning streak changes everything.  How about we get lucky for a while.

It's this. For all you know you could sweep the remaining 3 against us this series..

Sucks ass to lose like ya did .... I would have punched my monitor probably but it's still just the first game of a 4 game set.

If I were you I'd nervously step off the ledge. 

At least your team tried to get better at the deadline (well more than tried, they did) ... 

3 hours ago, Ender said:

It's this. For all you know you could sweep the remaining 3 against us this series..

Sucks ass to lose like ya did .... I would have punched my monitor probably but it's still just the first game of a 4 game set.

If I were you I'd nervously step off the ledge. 

At least your team tried to get better at the deadline (well more than tried, they did) ... 

Diputz0 gave a season and of half of good pitching to AZ for a couple of pipsqueaks with flashy OPS number at hitter friendly fricking AAA ballparks and a utility infielder.   Thank goodness he didn't try to wheeler-deal anything else of value and get owned by GM's who know what they're doing in the process.  But I don't even blame him entireley.  Clearly our cheap ass owners only directive was to jettison $8 mill in salary.  Right in line with trading Gott and Flexen to the Mets just so they could cover the remainder of Flexen's contract.  Complete bastards who have no interest in actually building a good team.  

But that's another discussion. 

I'd be pissed if I were Angels fans. Let them vent.  

Something a few of the old timers might be happy about is that I was dead wrong all those years ago when I was being all optimistic about the turd coming here.  Good luck tonight, guys.  

Remember in May when the Angels rallied from down 3 in the 9th and then won in extras vs. Texas?

That was game one of a three game set, and the Rangers bounced back to win the next two.

That’s what the Angels need to do.

If they crumble and don’t at least end up splitting the series, they’re 100% cooked.