• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Randal Grichuk and CJ Cron for Jake Madden and Mason Albright (option Cabbage, DFA Padlo, place Ward on 60-day IL)

mmc

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Be willing to bet one or two of these arms we’ve dealt away for Moose, Escobar, Giolito, Lopez, Cron, or Grichuk are gonna hurt more than Quero.

There’s still a strong chance Quero’s best/likeliest outcome is like Victor Caratini.

It's possible.  His bat-to-ball skills, and plate discipline, are remarkably impressive for a 20 year old.  That said, a lot of his scouting reports indicate a fairly poor defender, and if that's the case, then that significantly dampers his projection.

I think Madden will be the one to watch.  I think both Bush and Albright seem mainly like backend SP-types, which while useful, is not a loss to mourn.

IF they can retain Ohtani, then our rotation is actually rather set for a few years, with Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers, Canning, Anderson.  The 6th SP tends to be variable, but they have options with Bachman, Silseth, Koch, maybe Mederos, etc.  

Losing those SPs hurt, but I think only Madden might develop into something beyond a backend SP type.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I too like to exaggerate 

Grichuk has the highest ba and obp of his entire career in coors. Cron has exactly a .300 obp playing half his game in coors. Who is exaggerating? I’d venture to guess they are probably on the low side of numbers for players In coors. 

3 minutes ago, No Roles said:

i also love this trade cause it makes for more options when player's get healthy !!! i feel the batting approach will change and players will play better cause they actually want to be on the field !!! it will be a great place to be when we get there...

"When"? 😉 

I like the optimism, but the reality is someone is always going to be hurt, and this holds true for any MLB organization.

That said, it does seem like we should at least get Drury back before the week is over, and that's a significant addition.  Trout and O'Hoppe, though .. we'll see when.

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

"When"? 😉 

I like the optimism, but the reality is someone is always going to be hurt, and this holds true for any MLB organization.

That said, it does seem like we should at least get Drury back before the week is over, and that's a significant addition.  Trout and O'Hoppe, though .. we'll see when.

don't forget neto he is the fire starter of the team our true spark plug...that young man is special

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I'm hoping this winter goes one of two ways...

1) the Angels made the playoffs and re-sign Ohtani. The young core delivered, but we are immediately back in the cycle of needing to support the team without a farm like the last decade. Maybe Perry's quick-to-majors drafting solves that. 
2) the Angels miss the playoffs, Ohtani walks, maybe Arte sells, and the Angels can finally pull the plug and allow a 1-2 year rebuild. Keep Neto, Detmers, O'Hoppe, Moniak, see who you can get for Sandoval, Ward, Rengifo, Thaiss, Canning, Estevez, Drury. Go the full rebuild mode, sign a bunch of cheap rebound FAs to plug the gaps, let the kids churn for a year or two, and hope it all coalesces around 2025/2026.|

That's giving me a little bit of peace in these trades. 

I have been thinking about that for a few days now.  HS players are harder to scout, and usually need 4-5 years to get to the majors.

3 minutes ago, No Roles said:

don't forget neto he is the fire starter of the team our true spark plug...that young man is special

Ah, yes.  That injury is more nebulous .. not really sure what to make of his situation.  I hope he can come back as soon as tomorrow, but back injuries can be tricky, so.. we'll see.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I'm hoping this winter goes one of two ways...

1) the Angels made the playoffs and re-sign Ohtani. The young core delivered, but we are immediately back in the cycle of needing to support the team without a farm like the last decade. Maybe Perry's quick-to-majors drafting solves that. 
2) the Angels miss the playoffs, Ohtani walks, maybe Arte sells, and the Angels can finally pull the plug and allow a 1-2 year rebuild. Keep Neto, Detmers, O'Hoppe, Moniak, see who you can get for Sandoval, Ward, Rengifo, Thaiss, Canning, Estevez, Drury. Go the full rebuild mode, sign a bunch of cheap rebound FAs to plug the gaps, let the kids churn for a year or two, and hope it all coalesces around 2025/2026.|

That's giving me a little bit of peace in these trades. 

No full rebuild nor do I wish it.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Honestly not sure why anyone is complaining. Madden is a big boy with good velo and arm angle, but he's a future reliever, at least from what I've seen. Albright has polish but lacks upside, seems like a back end or swing starter to me. 

It's not like they gave up anything irreplaceable. Two solid prospects for two solid major leaguers. 

This

As long as Dana isn’t traded, it’s fine.