• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/29/23 12pm Pacific) Angels @ Blue Jays: Detmers on the mound, no Neto

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Maybe not. They might switch gears to reverse. Ward is probably gone, Rendon is gone, Trout might take a month to get his timing and swing back, Neto might be gone for a long time etc

We could easily take a nose dive. The euphoria on Thursday in Detroit may have been an illusion.

Haha no. They went all in with very bad odds. No turning back now. They'll ride it out to the bitter end.

53 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I can't believe how often this team has shown life this year only to have it snatch away by an injury and/or bad baseball.  

It's not entirely the fault of this team but I really can't think of a more frustrating season.  

I feel like this has been from 2016 on. The last time I had fun being a fan of this team was 2015. It's just been a decade of frustration and misery. 

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Haha no. They went all in with very bad odds. No turning back now. They'll ride it out to the bitter end.

I suppose so. But will Arte pony up $600 million to sign Ohtani, and will he even stay if we disintegrate this year? He wants some World Series action and as long as this franchise continues on it's woeful path, that's not very probable.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I suppose so. But will Arte pony up $600 million to sign Ohtani, and will he even stay if we disintegrate this year? He wants some World Series action and as long as this franchise continues on it's woeful path, that's not very probable.

I believe Arte and the Angels will offer him a competitive offer to try and re-sign him, but I don't see what would compel him to want to stay beyond comfort reasons. He's on record saying he wants to win and play playoff baseball, and that obviously hasn't been close to a reality in his 5/nearly 6 seasons in an Angels uni. I don't know how they can manage it, but Perry and the team would have to do one hell of a sell job to convince Ohtani that re-upping here will lead to future postseason success

Lol this franchise is such a train wreck. Incredible that these idiots actually thought this team was a contender enough to actually trade off our two best prospects for absolutely nothing.

Of course we will push even more chips in to go for it all again next year without Ohtani!