• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/29/23 12pm Pacific) Angels @ Blue Jays: Detmers on the mound, no Neto

The Blue Jays don't have a single offensive player on the IL. Until they put Romano on the IL today, they didn't have one pitcher on the IL that they expected a significant contribution from this season.

The Angels could field a pretty decent lineup with the guys on the IL, or hurt, with Ward surely being added tomorrow:

Stassi

Urshela

Adell

Rendon

Trout

O'Hoppe

Drury

Ward

Neto

2 hours ago, 79CAAman said:

It does bother me that this team has not had it in them to retaliate in any way for the past several years.  I wouldn’t be in favor of taking out one of their players, not at all, but I also think there’s nothing wrong if one of their guys got plunked on the thigh or the ass. There’s several very good teams out there that wouldn’t have tolerated their guy getting hit like that. 

You need to be a Cardinals / Miles Mikolas fan.

I'm going to say this about my previous comment about being prepared to go all out to bean the other team in retaliation, I am doubling down on my statements. I am completely unapologetic in thinking that someone should have been hit. And if someone on the Angels got hit in response, the Angels should have continued the retaliation.

You know damn well if it was Nolan Ryan out there, he would have hit someone. Hell he would have hit more than one person. You can say the game has changed and all that and now there's suspensions. Look yourselves in the mirror and tell yourself he wouldn't have still done it. For god's sake look what he did to Robin Ventura's face. And most in here would have thanked him for it. 

What's lost in the name calling and leftist cancel culture remarks of "dumb" in response to my comment is that these trolls take what you say and twist it into their own narrative to put your remarks at the worst possible light. I'm not going to be cancelled by you and you know who you are. Some here question the comments without any shenanigans and I am perfectly fine with those posters.

What isn't considered is the psychological advantage lost in sports here. Look what happened this past series. Chapman insulted the Angels, then the Blue Jays went out and strategically pitched high and in during the games, subsequently hitting one opponent in the face. Intentional or not it can't stand; just plunk someone in the Ass! The Blue Jays did what they wanted. That just says to any opponent that comes up, that, "Hey, look the Blue Jays just decided to rough them up, intimidate them, insult them and push come to shove the Angels won't do anything about it and will just roll over." 

That's why I think it's so important what Reynaldo Lopez did last night when he faced off against Acuna. Shohei had been hit earlier in the game. With Acuna up late, Reynaldo put him on his ass, with something high and hard. Now you can debate whether it was intentional or not or just a loss of control. But it was good to see anyways. Put it in the opponents mind that you can't be walked over. There's ways to engage in a bean ball game without taking out players, without suspensions, and still get your message across. You have to be prepared to do it though. 

10 minutes ago, T-angel said:

I'm going to say this about my previous comment about being prepared to go all out to bean the other team in retaliation, I am doubling down on my statements. I am completely unapologetic in thinking that someone should have been hit. And if someone on the Angels got hit in response, the Angels should have continued the retaliation.

You know damn well if it was Nolan Ryan out there, he would have hit someone. Hell he would have hit more than one person. You can say the game has changed and all that and now there's suspensions. Look yourselves in the mirror and tell yourself he wouldn't have still done it. For god's sake look what he did to Robin Ventura's face. And most in here would have thanked him for it. 

What's lost in the name calling and leftist cancel culture remarks of "dumb" in response to my comment is that these trolls take what you say and twist it into their own narrative to put your remarks at the worst possible light. I'm not going to be cancelled by you and you know who you are. Some here question the comments without any shenanigans and I am perfectly fine with those posters.

What isn't considered is the psychological advantage lost in sports here. Look what happened this past series. Chapman insulted the Angels, then the Blue Jays went out and strategically pitched high and in during the games, subsequently hitting one opponent in the face. Intentional or not it can't stand; just plunk someone in the Ass! The Blue Jays did what they wanted. That just says to any opponent that comes up, that, "Hey, look the Blue Jays just decided to rough them up, intimidate them, insult them and push come to shove the Angels won't do anything about it and will just roll over." 

That's why I think it's so important what Reynaldo Lopez did last night when he faced off against Acuna. Shohei had been hit earlier in the game. With Acuna up late, Reynaldo put him on his ass, with something high and hard. Now you can debate whether it was intentional or not or just a loss of control. But it was good to see anyways. Put it in the opponents mind that you can't be walked over. There's ways to engage in a bean ball game without taking out players, without suspensions, and still get your message across. You have to be prepared to do it though. 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg