• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next Move?

They’re gonna have to drop two off the 40 man and active roster, likely pitchers and will have a further active roster squeeze when Trout, Adell, Drury and O’Hoppe return. 

Unless there is someone they can outright, like they did Fletcher, that I am unaware of, I’d imagine they will drop Davidson and someone else like Herget after the first game today. They could maybe put Joyce on the 60 Day DL, or Rendon. 

I don’t think they have to add the traded players to the 40 for 24 hours. 

I got stuck in Chicago on my way to the games in Detroit and I’m secretly hoping they end up on my flight. That would just be cool. The White Sox were playing the Cubs so unless they had someone drive them last night, they have to be on an early flight out. This is the earliest American Airlines flight (delayed again) which won’t get me there in time let alone the two Ex White Sox. So maybe Lopez will be available for game 2, but most likely it’s not until tomorrow, in Toronto. 

11 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They’re gonna have to drop two off the 40 man and active roster, likely pitchers and will have a further active roster squeeze when Trout, Adell, Drury and O’Hoppe return. 

Unless there is someone they can outright, like they did Fletcher, that I am unaware of, I’d imagine they will drop Davidson and someone else like Herget after the first game today. They could maybe put Joyce on the 60 Day DL, or Rendon. 

I don’t think they have to add the traded players to the 40 for 24 hours. 

I got stuck in Chicago on my way to the games in Detroit and I’m secretly hoping they end up on my flight. That would just be cool. The White Sox were playing the Cubs so unless they had someone drive them last night, they have to be on an early flight out. This is the earliest American Airlines flight (delayed again) which won’t get me there in time let alone the two Ex White Sox. So maybe Lopez will be available for game 2, but most likely it’s not until tomorrow, in Toronto. 

Davidson probably has a little trade value....I think you're right, they don't have to do anything until Saturday so there is time to maybe make another move or two, particularly with the trade deadline approaching and everybody in trade mode....

21 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Davidson probably has a little trade value....I think you're right, they don't have to do anything until Saturday so there is time to maybe make another move or two, particularly with the trade deadline approaching and everybody in trade mode....

I could see Davidson and a prospect to Oakland for Sam Moll or maybe Trevor May as a change of scenery guy. Oakland could use a guy like Davidson and he seems the type of arm they’d correct.

Kansas City makes some sense, St. Louis makes some sense. 

Eating some money from St. Louis makes so much sense for the Halos, even though the most appealing prospect for both clubs to work with there was Quero.

Maybe the Candelario rumor offers a hint that they are checking on CIF upgrades…absorbing a bunch of money in the form of Flaherty/Matz, Goldschmidt/Contreras, perhaps getting out from Anderson or Fletcher in the same deal, makes a lot of sense for both clubs and gives the Angels some offensive insurance in form of Goldy/Contreras, and perhaps pitching insurance (re-signing Gio or Flaherty, Matz replaces Anderson), in the event Ohtani walks. Keeps them competitive on paper for 2024, even without Shohei and while being pretty expensive. They can reset hard after that. Schanuel replaces Goldy after 2024, and if acquired, either he or Contreras could also be deadline bait ‘24 if they suck next year. 

Edited by totdprods

8 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

I think Hader would be a perfect fit, the big question is the cost. 

Could Adell serve as a centerpiece in a Hader trade?

I feel Adell has rebuilt his value to about where Moniak was in last years Syndergaard deal. 

Perhaps Adell and J. Sanchez for Hader?

Dude... what??

Be nice... Adell has a lot more trade value than this.

49 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Dude... what??

Be nice... Adell has a lot more trade value than this.

Out of curiosity, what type of trade value do you reckon he has? I would love it if Adell carried more trade value, but i struggle to see it right now. And I'm sure if Angels fans are somewhat bullish on Adell, other teams are probably more bullish.

I thought 2022 Moniak was a good comp to 2023 Adell, seeing as both of them are former elite prospects now flirting with the "bust" label, while also showing enough signs of improvement to become a lottery ticket for a rental. Also, Adell seems like a change of scenery guy, much like Moniak has benefited from.

Hader is, like Syndergaard was, a rental. And I'm sure the Padres will be looking for a MLB ready return so they can refocus for 2024.

6 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

Out of curiosity, what type of trade value do you reckon he has? I would love it if Adell carried more trade value, but i struggle to see it right now. And I'm sure if Angels fans are somewhat bullish on Adell, other teams are probably more bullish.

I thought 2022 Moniak was a good comp to 2023 Adell, seeing as both of them are former elite prospects now flirting with the "bust" label, while also showing enough signs of improvement to become a lottery ticket for a rental. Also, Adell seems like a change of scenery guy, much like Moniak has benefited from.

Hader is, like Syndergaard was, a rental. And I'm sure the Padres will be looking for a MLB ready return so they can refocus for 2024.

First off I'd like to say that Minasian absolutely fleeced the Phillies in that deal to get Moniak. So I don't feel it's a good comp for future trades. Syndergaard was very fringe to awful with the Angels last year, so I'm not sure what the Phillies saw in him to give up Moniak. Syndergaard did nothing last year.

Adell should be worth a SP with at least a year of control.

If Angels really want to go “all-in” go get Goldschmidt and Contreras from the Cardinals. Take back Wilson Contreras contract in the deal (signed for 4 years after this one) You may remember the Angels pursuing him in free agency so we know Perry likes him  

Contreras would shore up catcher (looking at you Strad!) and can also play some 1B. He would be a valuable pinch hitter on days he isn’t starting. Goldy locks down first and Moose/Escobar handle 3B

Contreras contract makes it a negative value deal per the simulator. Ship them Fletcher and a couple decent but lower level prospects that are 2-3 years away  

This would push payroll into the stratosphere, but it would be the very definition of an all-in move. Plus Goldy would give them some offensive insurance if Ohtani walks. 

Just now, AngelStew43 said:

What have you got, Vladdy4HOF?  You critique other people's ideas, and provide none of your own.  

Look at Adams' numbers at SLC when you have a chance to climb out of momma's basement.  

I think he thinks it’’s an overpay. 

It may be.  But if the Angels could add a bat like Bellinger, where would Adell play?  He'd turn into a 5th OF, behind Trout, Ward, Moniak and Renfroe.  Maybe Renfroe leaves after the season, and he moves up one, to become a 4th OF.  

Bellinger is having a nice bounceback season, and plays GG defense at 3 positions, RF, CF and 1B.  If he was added to our offense, he would get the bulk of his ab's at 1B, IMO.  

Lastly, it is just my opinion, if you disagree with it, rebut it with one of your own.