• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next Move?

With the addition of Giolito and Lopez and the realization that the Angels are going for it, what is the next move?  As Hubs has pointed out we need to remove 2 players from our 40 man to clear room for this trade.  I’ll guess they are going to add another RP, someone like Barlow.

7 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I would not be surprised if they made another deal in the AM. 

I think the only thing that could prohibit that is the double-header. 

Purely speaking from a logistics POV, it might be hard navigating the strain of two games in one day, the 40-man DFAs that will happen, any post-game demotions/promotions/activations, taxi squad, 27th man travel plans...especially the day before heading across the border and with this move already happening. 

Unless they're grabbing Lorenzen or Shreve, Foley, Cisnero, or Lange. Getting Lorenzen the day he's scheduled to start against the Angels would be a pretty interesting move. Dude almost sounded like he was begging to come back to the Halos too.

Edited by totdprods

Just now, totdprods said:

I think the only thing that could prohibit that is the double-header. 

Purely speaking from a logistics POV, it might be hard navigating the strain of two games in one day, the 40-man DFAs that will happen, any post-game demotions/promotions/activations, taxi squad, 27th man travel plans...especially the day before heading across the border and with this move already happening. 

Unless they're grabbing Lorenzen or Shreve, Foley, Cisnero, or Lange.

I may be wrong but I don’t think they have to officially add the two ex white Sox until they report. Which may be after tomorrows games 

Just now, Hubs said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think they have to officially add the two ex white Sox until they report. Which may be after tomorrows games 

Sure, but overall, that's a whole lot of moving pieces on a day where there are two games, especially one so early. Pulling off another trade tomorrow would be tricky depending on who all it involved. 

Love getting ahead of all the other teams too. This feels like a trade Houston would have made.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Another thread mentions trade talks with the Nats regarding starting corner INF Jeimer Candelario.

Someone in that thread proposed Rengifo, Suarez, Herget, and Davidson for Candelario and late innings high velocity guy Finnegan.

Sounds great.  Lots of trash... other than Rengifo....  for two solid players

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Anderson and a couple prospects to St. Louis for Flaherty and Contreras' contract?

Flaherty, Hicks (if they can't re-sign him longterm), and an OF'er... For a Lefty PTBNL/Anderson, Fletcher, and 2 prospects.

What if, they're laying the Ground work for Ethan Katz to take over the pitching staff next year... He has coached both Giollito & Flaherty... and they and Ohtani are with the same Agency CAA...

1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Flaherty, Hicks (if they can't re-sign him longterm), and an OF'er... For a Lefty PTBNL Anderson, Fletcher, and 2 prospects.

What if, they're laying the Ground work for Ethan Katz to take over the pitching staff next year... He has coached both Giollito & Flaherty... and they and Ohtani are with the same Agency CAA...

I thought the same thing.

Katz also used to work as a minor league pitching coach in the Angels org…

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

How about Rengifo and Silseth for Candelario and Finnegan?

I'd keep Silseth.  His last start was promising - he made some adjustments to his pitches and he had a fantastic start.  Time will tell if he can continue to build upon that, but that's a promising development.

As for the next move - another LHH bat, whether Candelario or Bollinger, sounds good to me.  I have no idea if Rendon will be out for the year or not, but given he has been thoroughly mediocre for years now, I would say it would make sense to target 3B as a place to upgrade.  Moose is more of a 1B than a 3B now, and while Rengifo has been hot of late, he's still much more effective as a RHH than a LHH, so I think someone like Canedlario would be a solid get.

And FWIW, I'd look to get another reliever, too.  I think we can safely move on from Davidson at this point, and instead keep Barria as the designated long-reliever.

49 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I'd keep Silseth.  His last start was promising - he made some adjustments to his pitches and he had a fantastic start.  Time will tell if he can continue to build upon that, but that's a promising development.

As for the next move - another LHH bat, whether Candelario or Bollinger, sounds good to me.  I have no idea if Rendon will be out for the year or not, but given he has been thoroughly mediocre for years now, I would say it would make sense to target 3B as a place to upgrade.  Moose is more of a 1B than a 3B now, and while Rengifo has been hot of late, he's still much more effective as a RHH than a LHH, so I think someone like Canedlario would be a solid get.

And FWIW, I'd look to get another reliever, too.  I think we can safely move on from Davidson at this point, and instead keep Barria as the designated long-reliever.

I am admittedly wary of trading Silseth.  It was more a thought put out there to run up the flagpole.