• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Bradish

I guess I don’t follow the Orioles enough to notice that Kyle Bradish has been killing it for them this season. 6-5 with an ERA of 3.05 and WHIP of 1.13 

Got me thinking that name looks familiar, I look back and he’s one of the minor league guys shipped off in the Dylan Bundy trade. What a terrible trade now that we look back on it…. 11 good starts in 2020 and then totally tanked in 2021 with an ERA over 6. 

Bradish would be huge for this team right now if he was in our rotation. Hopefully we don’t similarly regret the Coleman Crow for Eduardo Escobar swap. 

You got to give to get, and Bradish, Like Clevinger, hadnt really impressed in the minors when he was shipped off.

In High A in 2019, he had a 4.28 ERA in 101 IP with a 1.416 WHIP.

Clevinger had a 5.37 ERA in his stint in the Cal League (High A) and a 1.516 WHIP.

Sometimes guys develop to be good, even as low level non-prospects when they are traded.

I'm actually okay with this deal in hindsight, because I thought at least a couple of the other arms we dealt Baltimore would be having more impact by now, like Stallings and Mattson. Book isn't closed on those arms yet but starting to look like Bradish was the only real loss which, like @Hubs said, you gotta give to get. Bundy was great that COVID-shortened year. Many expected him to do well outside of Baltimore too. And then he just turned into a pumpkin.

22 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I guess I don’t follow the Orioles enough to notice that Kyle Bradish has been killing it for them this season. 6-5 with an ERA of 3.05 and WHIP of 1.13 

Got me thinking that name looks familiar, I look back and he’s one of the minor league guys shipped off in the Dylan Bundy trade. What a terrible trade now that we look back on it…. 11 good starts in 2020 and then totally tanked in 2021 with an ERA over 6. 

Bradish would be huge for this team right now if he was in our rotation. Hopefully we don’t similarly regret the Coleman Crow for Eduardo Escobar swap. 

Yes, but with Bundy we got the memory of him barfing on the Yankee Stadium pitchers' mound.

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Some of us regretted it then, because of his inclusion.  I hope we never get to relive the feeling with Crow.

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

When he was drafted, I had a hunch that Bradish was a possible diamond in the rough.   Great stats pitching at higher  altitude (New Mexico State)

Anyone that keeps the ball in the yard there is doing something most people cannot.  That place makes Coors look like Pac Bell Park in it's extreme pitchers park era.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I'm actually okay with this deal in hindsight, because I thought at least a couple of the other arms we dealt Baltimore would be having more impact by now, like Stallings and Mattson. Book isn't closed on those arms yet but starting to look like Bradish was the only real loss which, like @Hubs said, you gotta give to get. Bundy was great that COVID-shortened year. Many expected him to do well outside of Baltimore too. And then he just turned into a pumpkin.

Bradish was the guy from the start -- the other Kyle they moved has a shot too, I think he's hurt at the moment