• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Renfroe’s hitting with RISP

Renfroe is one of those players that gets overrated by fans because of the counting stats he puts up. I think Minasian knew what kind of player he was getting in Renfroe, but yeah, holy shit he's been bad. If Trout wasn't hurt right now then it would be a pretty easy decision to offload him at the deadline I would think.

7 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I picked him to lead the team in RBI so now you know why he's sucking with RISP

It's crazy when you think about how bad he's been at driving in runs but you look and he still has 42 RBI's because he's just had sooo many opportunities...

I feel like he's been up with the bases juiced more than anyone else in the lineup.

5 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Renfroe is one of those players that gets overrated by fans because of the counting stats he puts up. I think Minasian knew what kind of player he was getting in Renfroe, but yeah, holy shit he's been bad. If Trout wasn't hurt right now then it would be a pretty easy decision to offload him at the deadline I would think.

If both Trout and Adell look likely to be back around the trade deadline, you might consider moving him at the deadline, particularly if he has any value.....but, despite the bad numbers with RISP, I wouldn't consider moving him unless I was sure both Trout and Adell were ready to go and Moniak and Ward were both healthy....things can change quickly with injuries...Minasian had to make moves for Escobar and Moose because the infield was pretty much wiped out in a week or so...

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

If both Trout and Adell look likely to be back around the trade deadline, you might consider moving him at the deadline, particularly if he has any value.....but, despite the bad numbers with RISP, I wouldn't consider moving him unless I was sure both Trout and Adell were ready to go and Moniak and Ward were both healthy....things can change quickly with injuries...Minasian had to make moves for Escobar and Moose because the infield was pretty much wiped out in a week or so...

Yeah, can't trade him now. If Trout has to miss an extra couple weeks and come back like mid-Aug then we'd be rolling with something like Adell/Rengifo in RF for the time being which sounds pretty sad. At least Renfroe has a cannon.

3 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Yeah, can't trade him now. If Trout has to miss an extra couple weeks and come back like mid-Aug then we'd be rolling with something like Adell/Rengifo in RF for the time being which sounds pretty sad. At least Renfroe has a cannon.

Agreed. Trading him with the current health of the outfield does not make any sense unless the org decides to be sellers. 

24 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Lol, who'd want him? 😆🤣

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Z said:

Lol, who'd want him? 😆🤣

"Offloading" a player like I stated would typically suggest that you're getting almost nothing back. Some team might take a flier on him for bench depth/4th OF for a low level nothing prospect. Which would be totally fine with just about any of our fans I think.

1 hour ago, VladdyforHOF said:

"Offloading" a player like I stated would typically suggest that you're getting almost nothing back. Some team might take a flier on him for bench depth/4th OF for a low level nothing prospect. Which would be totally fine with just about any of our fans I think.

Again, who'd want him? 😆🤣

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

56 PAs so far in July, 1 HR, 3 doubles, higher OBP than SLG (.321 vs .319)

Not what you need from a slugging OF

Notice that pitchers are throwing him curves and sliders off the outside corner, and he can't come close to hitting them. The only pitches that he can square up are inside pitches.And pitchers are not throwing them there. At address, his stance is open. but when the pitch comes his hips do not  get back to square completely. Left hip is pointing to between the dugout and the 3rd base coaching box. And the hands follow the hips. If he were to be able to reach those outside pitches, i doubt he could ever hit the ball hard. It's like a golfer hitting a 2 iron with the club face wide open. the ball goes about half the distance intended.

Renfroe for me has been by far one of the biggest letdowns of the year. I really expected him to be a nice little power bat, adding depth behind Trout and Rendon (which goes to show how bad its gone).

Who lnows maybe he has a nice second half. And he just had a kid, maybe his home life is hectic.

But ai thought we'd get a nice year out of him as he pumps himself up for FA.

Him and Urshela were pretty exciting adds this past winter. Fuck.