• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you take Scioscia back

Would you take Scioscia back?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Scioscia back as the manager of the Angels?

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

Nope, and to anyone who votes yes, do you not realize the guy doesn't want to manage anymore, or do you just not care?

You are right, we should only have topics that are 100% factual and can only really happen, we should stop all speculation topics.  Hey Chuck, shut it down.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

You are right, we should only have topics that are 100% factual and can only really happen, we should stop all speculation topics.  Hey Chuck, shut it down.  

Nope, I'm just answering the question for what it actually is.  If you're bringing Scioscia back for next season, you're bringing in a guy who doesn't want to manage, which surely is not what this team needs.  If you're asking if I would take back the Scioscia of 2000-2015, my answer would be different.

Just now, mmc said:

Nope, I'm just answering the question for what it actually is.  If you're bringing Scioscia back for next season, you're bringing in a guy who doesn't want to manage, which surely is not what this team needs.  If you're asking if I would take back the Scioscia of 2000-2015, my answer would be different.

So you think he would accept the job even if he didn’t want to manage?  Just a hunch, if he accepts the position it is because he wants to manage again or at least manage the Angels again.  

3 minutes ago, diamondclub said:

* Starts a thread *

* Proceeds to fight everyone in it *

how is this guy a mod? 

I am so fighting everyone.  Stick around and you will find out why I am a mod.  Or don’t.  It’s all good.  I say this all in a non threatening or fighting way.  

9 minutes ago, diamondclub said:

* Starts a thread *

* Proceeds to fight everyone in it *

how is this guy a mod? 

This is Strad lite in this thread thus far.

Don't worry you will get into his cross hairs, probably sooner rather than later.

Just gotta get used to him.

Just now, REDneck said:

This is Strad lite in this thread thus far.

Don't worry you will get into his cross hairs, probably sooner rather than later.

Just gotta get used to him.

What’s funny is in this thread I haven’t even argued. I assumed if Scioscia came back it was because he agreed to come back. There are conflicting personalities on here, I am a part of that.  I don’t mind and others take issue with it.  I have seen a hundred diamondclubs on AW over the last couple of decades.  

I would take him back as just a manager.  

But what are we talking about with an 'emphasis on fundamentals'?  Wasting at bats on sacrifice bunting or productive outs?  Meh.  The only one that bothers me is not getting a guy from third home with less than two outs.  

Mostly I like him for his leadership skills.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

This offseason would you bring him back to be the manager?  His teams absolutely had an identity.  

Yes, however, he isnt going to solve all problems.  His teams fundamentally will play better.  However, it won't resolve the issues of pitching, lack of depth,  injuries, farm system.

Therefore, it won't solve all the problems.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Yes, however, he isnt going to solve all problems.  His teams fundamentally will play better.  However, it won't resolve the issues of pitching, lack of depth,  injuries, farm system.

Therefore, it won't solve all the problems.

I don’t believe any one signing or hiring or move solves all the problems. I want moves made that build upon other moves that puts us in a position to be more competitive. My belief is Scioscia would be a positive move. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

funny cause I've seen moderators (not saying it's you but it could be you) shutdown topics that were 100% factual because of PERSONAL biases and beliefs

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Z said:

funny cause I've seen moderators (not saying it's you but it could be you) shutdown topics that were 100% factual because of PERSONAL biases and beliefs

Oh oh...you probably have a red laser dot on your forehead at this very moment.